11| Permission

Tuesday
8:15am

"How was school yesterday without me?" I ask no one in particular but got no response in return

Oooookayy. . .

"What's wrong?" My smile drops into a frown.

"There's something I didn't tell you over the phone Sunday night" serenity says.

She looks pale.

Why does she look so pale.

"Apparently my brother and his friends has some sort of code they live by which is they cannot date each other's siblings or close cousins" she shares but I'm still confused.

What's the gist?

"I've been dating his bestfriend but this was before I knew about the code" she tries to downplay her role in hopes of lowering my dumbfounded expression.

"Okay so what's the consequences?" I choose to ask.

Asmara sighs "I don't like talking about it but let's just say he'd wish he was dead".

"Oh" my mind whirls with crazy thoughts.

"Rass!" Mara exclaims.

"A wah?" Serenity asks.

"This is the girl that slapped you across the face?" Mara turns her phone for seren and I to see.

"Yes that's her but what happened to her face" I gasp.

Serenity laughs.

"Ask you man" she jokes but I really think she's serious.

Who's my man?

"Pardon, my man?" I ask curiously.

"You know the saying my man my man my man?" She asks me.

"Kinda but I don't have a man" I'm honestly confused.

"Well it's nine a.m Tuesday, you ain't got no nigga but a nigga sure do got you" she sings.

Mara laughs out loud "yow you fool enuh serenity".

The only social media platform I have is TikTok so I'm familiar with certain trending topics and songs.

Seren is just being silly, I don't have a boyfriend.

"Who did you told about it?" Mara asks me.

"My mother, sister, you guys and Amir" I poke out a finger as I list out the names.

Mara starts to laugh.

"Aiight well the boss take care of that for you" she shakes her head in disbelief.

"Yeah me can't believe it either, you had sex with my brother and we don't know about it?" These questions are starting to get a tad bit absurd.

"I'm still a virgin and why do you guys have that weird expression on your faces" mara and seren looks at each other.