9| Gym Day

"Samantha I'm getting fed up of you being in this situation

"Samantha I'm getting fed up of you being in this situation. Have you told your mother like I've suggested?!" I hate raising my voice at her but I also hate to see her hurt and crying.

Her mother's boyfriend has been molesting her for the past few months.

Her sobs continue.

Bruises all over her arms and legs.

He's apart of a small Spain town gang so killing him might be a cause for problems.

"I told her but she doesn't believe me" she says in between sobs.

I sigh

Her bed reeks of sex and I haven't touched her in a while since I don't know what he might've given to her.

What I do is come over, comfort her and allow her to be vulnerable around me if she needs to be.

Amir doesn't let me take my gun anywhere with me. He says I'm too hotheaded to carry a weapon on me and he's right, whatever this pussyhole name would be dead by now bleeding all over their wooden floors.

"Sammy?" I call her when the sobbing stops. She doesn't answer which means she's asleep.

Instead of waking her, I slip from underneath her and leave for gym.

• • • • • •

Everyone is here already so that means I'm behind and when you're behind the punishment is fifty pushups.

"Yow G" Dwight is the first to acknowledge me. He comes over and connect his fist with mine.

I remove my sweatpants along with my shirt and leave my sports shorts and vest on.

Dwight walks over to another equipment and I head towards the workout mat. Coach raises his hand in acknowledgment and I nod my head in the same gesture.

After doing my pushups I join the others by the equipments.

Usually we have the gym to ourselves for three hours.

Who's that red skin girl across from them doing Romanian Deadlifts?

"Who that?" I ask no one in particular.

"A B weh a go your school" Cardo says.

B weh a go my school?

Oohhh. . . Lani

I leave the boys and went over to her.

As she saw me approaching her face lit up with a smile.

"Thank god you're here, I was starting to feel a little self conscious so I put my headphones on to distract myself" Lani explains.