chapter 17

The next day, Alex was lost in deep thought.

Stephen asked, "It's the first time I've seen my friend so caught up in his thoughts. What happened?"

Seeing alex remain silent, Stephen realized something serious was going on.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Stephen asked, "What happened? If something is bothering you, you can tell me."

With a deep sigh, Alex replied, "It seems like there's some problem between Serena and Rogan . Yesterday, Serena came to me in tears and said something,

"I will never believe that Rogan would do the things she's claiming."

Stephen asked, "Do you think there's any issue between them?"

"Yesterday, serenatold me that rogan has an affair with one of the maids here," Alex said.

Upon hearing this, Stephen was shocked.

Stephen stood there, stunned. He knew something about rogan and the maid Nakshatra having some kind of relationship.

Sensing Stephen's hesitation, Alex asked, "What’s going on? Do you know something about this?"

After a pause, Alex said, "Honestly, I don't know who to trust. But this is my sister's life we're talking about. After seeing her break down and cry last night, I couldn't even sleep."

Stephen comforted him, saying, "What Serena said is true. I've also seen something between rogan and the maid Nakshatra, but I didn’t realize it was this serious."

"I even tried to stop him," Stephen said,

"I never believed rogan would do something like this. I always saw him as more than a friend, like my own brother. Why would he betray my sister like this? she is his own mate While she's in so much pain here, what is he gaining? Why hurt his own family like this?"

On the other side, Mary and kelvin relationship were getting more intense. Mary would occasionally inquire about his health. He has now started talking to Mary more than before. Jiju likes Melvin a lot.

Seeing their mutual bond, mary was happy. It was the first time Jiju had gotten so close to someone. With all these thoughts, she walked into the mansion.

Mary saw Michael He came and stood in her path, blocking her way. Seeing this, Mary was scared. She tried to run back, but Michaelsaid, "You only run when you see me, but you seem to be quite happy with him."

She didn’t say a word, her head bowed. Michael asked, "Do you like him?" She looked at him in shock,  She had never thought about it like that. She enjoyed spending time with him, but if asked about love, she wasn't sure.

With her silent response, he stayed there. From her expression, he understood she had feelings for him. Suddenly, he stepped forward and said, "He's trying to deceive you, don't trust him."

  Hearing this, Mary said, "I will decide whom to trust or not, you mind your own business."

Though he felt anger rising, he controlled herself and said, "I am your mate . You should trust what I say." Hearing this,
Mary laughed scornfully and replied, "Your partner? You’re the one who left me years ago saying it was over. You then married someone else, and now you’re about to have a child. Now you come to tell me we’re mates?"

"Look, I have a life too. I like spending time with him, walking with him, and if you ask me if it's love, then yes, it is. I like him a lot. Don't interfere in my life anymore. You chose your path, and I will choose mine. Don’t come into my life again. You’re nothing but a bad memory to me now."