chapter 12

Michael stormed into the palace in anger.

Seeing him arrive so furiously, alex asked,
"Who hit him on the nose? Blood is gushing out."
"If I had seen him, I would have hugged him and given him a kiss."

Hearing this, Steve said,
"Anyway, whoever hit him must be someone brave."

Michael himself probably doesn’t know what he’ll do next.

"What happened to your face?

"Nothing, I slipped and fell," Michael said.

"Anyone can tell by looking at you that you slipped and fell," Alex teased.

With that, an already angry Michael gave him a look and walked into his room.

Mary gently stroked jiji's head and said, "There's nothing to worry about, dear."

Nakshatra looked at her with sadness.

There  was supposed to be a good day has turned into one where everyone is filled with sorrow."

The nakshatra looked at kelvin and said, "I'm very grateful that you came."
"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."

Hearing this, Mary said, "He's the guard from our palace."
"I know him; I invited him for the birthday celebration."

Nakshatra asked Mary again, "Is it him you were talking about, the one who’s have arrogant

Mary, smiling nervously, replied, "No, it’s not him. That’s someone else."

But the kelvin understand that she mentioned him, and he stood silently.

Suddenly, Emily arrived with excitement.

Seeing the atmosphere there, she asked, "Isn’t there a birthday celebration happening here? It looks more like a house of mourning."

Hearing this, Mary burst into laughter and said, "Come inside,"

Wiping jiji'stears, they placed a small cake in front of her, sang birthday wishes, and cut the cake.

After a while, they sat down to have a meal.

Once everyone had been served, emily said, "Mary, your food is so delicious."

Nakshatra then added, "Isn’t this the cooking of a woman who’s been at the palace for years? It’s evident in the skill."

Kelvin enjoyed the food she made.

It was the first time he had eaten such a homely meal.

When his plate was nearly empty, Mary served him more food.

She realized he liked the meal.

The next day  in the morning, Nakshatra reached the palace early and carefully completed all her tasks.
Mary approached Nakshatra.
She was helping with the cooking.

Nakshatra said, "We can complain to Alpha about what happened yesterday when he attacked you."

"What guarantee do we have that he will do anything or that they won't come back and harass you again?"

Hearing this, Mary replied, "There's no need for all that. I don't have the energy to pursue it any further.
Nakshatra understand she is hiding something

"Show courage once, Mary. Sometimes, with the king's orders, he might not come to bother you again."

"It's the arrogance of his high position that makes him do this. You've always been afraid of him, ever since he first did this to you."