Kabanata 83

Zoo

Breaking News: Fire Destroys Home of Asia's Pop Sweetheart Heaven Black

In the early hours of this morning, a devastating fire razed the home of Asia's pop sensation Heaven Black. The fire, which broke out around 2 a.m., completely destroyed the residence, leaving nothing but ashes in its wake. Fortunately, Heaven was not at home when the incident occurred and is reported to be safe.

Firefighters responded quickly to the scene, but the intensity of the fire made it impossible to save the property. By the time the flames were extinguished, the house was completely gutted.

Investigators are currently examining the site to determine the cause of the fire. Due to the extensive damage, it remains unclear whether the fire was accidental or the result of foul play. "The destruction is so complete that it's difficult to gather concrete evidence at this stage," said a spokesperson of Fire Department.

Fans and fellow celebrities have expressed their relief that Heaven was unharmed, alongside their condolences for the loss of his home and belongings, reaching 83 million pesos. Heaven has not yet made a public statement, but his management, Jewel Entertainment, has assured fans that he is coping with the situation.

As the investigation continues, authorities are urging anyone with information that could assist in determining the cause of the fire to come forward.

Papasok ako sa kwarto ni Vale bitbit ang hinanda kong bed tray na naglalaman ng almusal nang mapansin ko na bukas yung TV.

Nako po.

Pasimple akong umatras sa pagbabakasakali na makakalabas pa ako nang mapunta sa akin ang kanyang atensyon.

"Was it you?"

Napalunok ako, "Huh?"

"Was it you?" ulit nya, "Was it you who burned Heaven's house?"

"O-of course not!"

Suminghap si Vale at hininaan yung TV, "If we really want this to work, we need to communicate. No more secrets between us, do you understand? No more jumping to conclusions. If we have questions, we'll ask. If we suspect something, we'll confront it head-on. If we feel uncertain, we'll address it openly and honestly. Trust will be our foundation, Vale. Yan yung wala tayo seven years ago, kailangan masiguro natin na meron na tayo no'n ngayon."

Inawangan ako ng bibig, "Was that my words?"

Umarte syang nasupresa, "Oh, so you remembered?"   tumango-tango si Vale bago ako seryosong tiningnan, "Now, you answer me. Were you the one who burned Heaven's house?"

Nyerbos akong natawa, "Pinagsususpetyahan mo ba ako? For all we know baka may appliances lang sya na nag overheat!"

Tinuro ni Vale yung T.V kung saan pinapakita ang estado ng bahay ni Heaven na bagama't 'di na tinutupok nang apoy ay kasalukuyan pa rin na umuusok, "Appliances na nag overheat? Concrete yung bahay pero halos maabo! Malinaw na sadya yung apoy!"

"Ah, kaya ako ang sisisihin mo? Sinabi sa akin ni Rhian na maraming may galit kay Heaven sa showbiz industry. Sila ang paghinalaan mo wag ako!"

"Valir..." humugot nang malalim na buntong hininga si Vale, "I just want you to be honest. Ikaw ba ang sumunog sa bahay ni Heaven?"

Tanong ang ibinalik ko sa kanya, "Wala ka bang tiwala sa akin?"

"May tiwala ako sayo, kaya nga sana 'di mo ako pinagsisinungalingan."

Tinimbang kong maigi kung dapat ba ako magsabi nang totoo nang manaig sa akin ang pagiging tapat ko kay Vale. I may be an arsonist, but I'm no liar. Pinikit ko ang aking mga mata at inihanda ang aking sarili sa kanyang magiging reaksyon.