The Deserter

(Okay! Here is the next chapter! Sorry, for the delay. What with studies and other stories and personal matters. I hope you enjoy.)

Man, it really makes you wonder how much can happen in a short time. We were walking down a path so Appa could rest a little from flying. We then came upon a small structure and I jogged over to it to see what is on it. "This should give us a good idea of what's around here." I hear Katara say. "See if you can find a menu. I'm starving." I roll my eyes. "Sokka, you have an appetite bigger than Appa's." I comment. I walk around the structure only to stop as I look at a side of the it that is occupied with wanted posters. "I bet we'll find something to eat here- The Fire Days Festival." Festival? "Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians... this would be a great place for me to study some real firebending." He sound excited.

Sokka walks over and stands next me, looking at the side of the wanted posters. "You might want to rethink that. Look at this." He tells Aang. Katara and Aang walk over and look at the wall of posters. "Hey, a poster of me! Ow!" I smack the backside of his head. "It's a wanted poster. Which is bad. Now the whole Fire Nation knows what you look like." I state. Aang takes the poster from the wall and I then notice three other posters. An elderly man with two scratches over his eye, another with scrappy brown hair tied up and... The Blue Spirit. "I think we better keep moving." Yes. Yes, we should, Katara. "I have to learn firebending at some point, and this could be my only chance to watch some masters up close." Aang says. Okay, that's a good argument. "I guess we could go check it out." Dang it, Katara.

I close my eyes as I rub my forehead. "What? You want to walk into a Fire Nation town when they're all fired up with all their, you know, fire?" Sokka argues. "We'll wear disguises." "And by 'disguises' you mean hoods that will make us look suspicious?" I say to Katara. Opening my eyes and giving her a raised brow. She looks back at me. "Relax. If it looks like trouble, we'll leave." She says. She and Aang walk off while Sokka and I remain. I cross my arms as I watch them. "Yeah. Because we always leave before we get into trouble." Sokka says. The sarcasm is very strong. He walks after them then I look at the wanted poster of the Blue Spirit again then walk off.

We soon find the village as we look at it from a small hill. "You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival." I turn around after Aang said that. Momo glides off Appa's head then dives into a bush. Appa walks over then lays behind it. I smile at that, "Good job, fluffers. No one will know." I say. (Never~) "Ready disguises." Right, the disguises. I grab the cloaks and give one to Sokka and Katara. We put them on and pull up the hoods while Aang only pulled up his shirt, making him look like a hunchback a little. "It's like you're a whole different person." Sokka comments sarcastically while I hear Katara giggle. "Let's go!" Aang says and we follow him. But I stop as I feel eyes on me. I left my spear and bola-knife with Appa to not get attention, more than what three cloaked figures would get, I grip my knife as I look at the forest. "(Y/N), hurry up!" I blink as I hear Aang yell. I look a little longer than turn around to follow after the group.

Third Person P.O.V.

What the group did not know was that there is someone spying on them as they made their way to the town.

The village was beaming with excitement and festivities as the Fire-Days Festival commences. Fireworks are set off as lanterns hang over the streets and a giant pole with a 3-D straw crafted symbol of fire stands on top it. (Y/N) smiles as she is enamored by the culture and fun going on in the festival, but stops as Katara places an arm in front of her to stop her as performers dressed as a dragon rushes by them. She marvels from the details while Katara, Aang and Sokka huddle together from being in a crowd of Fire Nation people. "I think we need some new disguises." Katara comments as she notices many people wearing decorative masks. "Where are we gonna get masks like that?" Sokka asks. "Get your genuine Fire-Festival masks here!" A salesman says as his stand is filled with masks. "Ask and you shall receive." (Y/N) tells Sokka as she Aang and Katara rush over to the stand. "That was surprisingly easy." Sokka comments.