Chapter 2

Chanel...

The first week had went by hella fast. It was already Friday. Me and Jalynne were gonna go past by the mall after school and get something to wear.

"So you gone try and find you a boo at the party ?" I asked Jalynne.

"I should be asking you that. You the only fine bitch I know that ain't got hoes."

I waved her off. "Girl , you know I don't trust nobody but y'all and fam."

"Exactly , expand your range girl. Put yourself out there and find a damn man."

"I don't need a man."

"C'mon Chanel , it's me you talking to girl. You need a man. You always on edge and always taking care of yourself. Let someone else do that."

I rolled my eyes. "You know how I am about that. I don't like depending on nobody , I'm good by myself."

Jalynne smacked her lips. "Well , at least get some dick damn." She said making me laugh.

"No thanks." I said still laughing.

"Pshh , I don't see how you do it. I couldn't do it girl."

"You say it like you get a bunch of dick , you know you a virgin."

"You right , but ain't nothing wrong with getting head." She smirked.

"I'm done with you , bru." I said weak as we pulled up to the mall.

"I'm just saying girl , you missing ." She said when we got out.

"It's not that I can't , I just don't want to."

"You need to losen up."

"I am loose."

"Well , let's bet up. You gotta get a kiss tonight."

I had to think about it. I mean I'm not kissing just anybody , but maybe I can find a decent guy.

"Bet." I smirked and stuck my pinky out.

She locked hers with mine.

"Aight , if the job doesn't get done you gotta buy me them red bottoms I wanted."

"I can do that , but if I win you gotta dye your and I gotta choose the color."

"Mann , aight. Deal."

"Good , now c'mon so we can get fresh for this party."

...

It was 7 and we were done shopping with time to spare , so I went pick up some groceries.

"I don't see why you gotta make groceries , don't you got a step mom ?" Jalynne asked.

"She don't do shit. And I refuse to be hungry , beside this shit is for me. When they get hungry enough they'll come and get they own shit." I said grabbing some cookies.

She nodded and dropped the subject. We made our way to another aisle. I wasn't paying attention making me bump into somebody.

"What the fuck , bru ?" I heard the person say.

"My bad." I said with attitude.

He finally looked up and he looked some what familiar.

"Aye , ain't your name Chanel ?" Dude asked.

"Mhm , you are ?"

He smirked. "I'm surprised you don't know. I'm Kevin from school. I'm a junior."

I just nod slowly.

"Yeah , your sister came to school. uhh Cece or something ?"

"Yeah , why ?"