Chapter 10

Chanel..

Xavier and Jay had decided to take me and Jalynne on a double date. We were at Dave and Busters.

"I'm so excited." I smiled holding onto his hand."

"I see that." He smirked.

"C'mon man , let's go get this card or whatever." Jay nodded towards the lady behind the glass window. They walked away together.

"This is so surreal." Jalynne said making my nod.

"Who would have ever though , us best friends dating best friends ?" I laughed

"Right , didn't have to go search high or low. They just flocked to us." She said doing a little dance. "He asked me to be his girl you know ?" I smiled widely.

"And what did you say ?"

"What the hell you think I said bitch ? I said hell yes !" She laughed.

"That's great , I'm happy for you girl." I sigh. "For once , I feel like life is great and I feel like I'm where I'm suppose to be. School is great , my mom is great , Cece is grest , X is great , Chris is great , you're more than great. Everything is just in place."

She smiled. "Seems like life is getting a little too great."

"I know , now I feel like something is going to coming around and knock me down."

"Don't jinx it." We laugh.

"I just thank God for what's happening now , I haven't been this happy in awhile. Maybe even since before my parents split."

"Damn , that's a long time Chanel."

"I know , but at least it's happening." I say just before the boys came back.

"Come on baby , let's go play the dance game." Jalynne dragged Jay to the machine.

Me and X laughed. "So what you want to do ma ?"

"I want to go shoot some hoops." He chuckled.

"Aight , c'mon." He swiped the card on his side and I swiped mine. The balls came down and we began to shoot.

His balls kept going in while I was having a hard time.

"X , the goals are too high for me." I whine.

"No they not ma. Just use you legs and follow through with your shot." He came behind me.

"Like this." He fixed my arms and made me squat a little.

I tried it his way and it went it. I jumped and clapped making him chuckle.

"Good job baby girl." He pecked my lips. I blushed looking away.

We played a couple more rounds and then we decide to go play a shooting game.

It was a booth so we both got in and closed the curtains.

We played for awhile. We laughed and joked around a lot. After playing it so many times , I decided that it was time to move on to another game.

"Let's go play something else." I grabbed his hand but he pulled me back.

"Where you going so soon ma ?" He smirked.

"I'm ready to play another game."

"Well , we'll do that later but chill with me for a second." I didn't say anything , I just sat back.

"You having fun with a nigga ?"

"Yeah , I haven't done anything like this in a while."

"I really like being with you ma."