Chapter 17

Ciara...

I haven't talked to Malik. All week , I've been trying to hang out with my mom again. Of course though , she been too busy. Something is wrong though , because her and my dad have been fighting a lot and he hasn't been home for long periods of time.

Malik has been calling and calling but I don't pick up. He even came over but I told Marcus to say I wasn't there.

At first I thought that maybe I was being too dramatic , but this was a big deal to me.

Opening my locker , I took out the books for my next couple of classes. I wasn't in the mood today and Maddie wasn't here for me to talk to her. She'd gone on a weekend vacation and she left this morning.

"Look who's here , all alone." I heard him behind me. Unlike any other time , I wasn't scared. I was actually in a bitchy mood and didn't have time for his bullshit.

"Kevin , I don't have time for your shit right now."

He chuckled. "Trouble in paradise ? What ? Your new boyfriend isn't pleasing you ?"

I ignored him and continued , but I knew he wouldn't stop.

"I remember when I used to please you." He smirked. "Remember that Cece ?" I felt uncomfortable but I tried not to let it show.

"Yeah , but remember when your penis was this big." I turned around and showed him the size with my fingers. "Look , you follow me around and bully me but we all know it's because you want me. But you can't have me. The way you talking , you would think we had sex but you know we didn't. Yeah sure , you forced me to do things but at the end of the day , you never really had this." I flipped my hair and continued to my class. He didn't follow me after that. And for that I was grateful.

Chanel..

X had been blowing up my phone all week. I didn't answer or text him back because I didn't know what to say. I was still hurt that he has a daughter and didn't tell me about her. Especially because the baby is for Neisha. She warned me that she would come between but I didn't know that it would be this crucial. A child cannot just disappear. A child is not something that we can get rid of.

Today was Friday and it was also the same day as Jas' house party. I had promised her that I'd come even though I know X would be there , that's if he's not on baby duty.

I hopped out of the shower and dried my hair. I decided to wear it in a bun , so I straightened it a little and then put in my clothes. I was wearing a White Sox baseball jersey , distressed shorts , and my all white 11s. After I did my hair I was on my way.

Yesterday I had an appointment and the doctor told me that it would be okay for me to take off my cast , but I still had to take it easy.

Grabbing my phone off the bed I walked downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen alone. I guess my dad finally decided to leave.

"Hey , Michael went to handle some business so I thought this would be a good time for us to talk , just me and you."

"I'm leaving out , I'm going to a party."

"This won't take long."

"I already know what the deal is mom. You're sorry for upsetting me but y'all are in love right ? And you want one day for all of us to be a happy family. Am I right ?"

"It's deeper than that."

"Not to me. Y'all can be together. I don't care. This is y'all family , not mine. I'll be off to college in a year and it won't matter what I think , so do y'all and I'll do me." With that I walked out the house and got in my car.