Chapter 4

Chanel...

"Man , I'm sick of this school. I can't wait until we graduate." Jalynne groaned. We was walking to our lockers. School had just let out.

"You and me both."

"I just can't wait to be living that college life. Freedom is all I want , damn is that too much." She chuckled.

"I'm saying. I can't live here no more."

"I hear that , but what you doing after school ?"

I sighed. "I'm going home and talk to my dad."

"Finally."

It's been 2 weeks since I've been home. Chris and Jalynne been trying to convince me to go talk to my pops , I guess it worked. Even though , I've really been thinking about moving out.

"Yeah , I guess. Unless you wanted to hang out after school , I could take a rain check." I smirk.

"Nope , you need to talk it out with your dad. Besides , me and Jay going out." She smiled.

"Man , y'all been hanging out these past two weeks. What's up with y'all ?" I smiled.

"Man , that boy is sooo... good to me. He spends time with me , spoils me , he's just great. And it's only been two damn weeks Chanel." I smile at how happy she sounds. I'm happy for my best.

"Well , good for y'all."

"Yeah... aye , ain't that Cece ?" She pointed to somebody down the hall. I saw Cece leaned up on locker with a boy hovering over her kissed all over her. They practically fucking in the hallway.

"Yeah." I shrug.

" Ain't you gonna go stop them ?" Jalynne asked.

"No , she ain't my kid."

"But that's your sis. No matter how mad you are , you still gotta look out for her. She gonna be grateful in the future."

I roll my eyes. "You always being Oprah about something. I can't stand you some times."

"I know , go handle that. I'll catch you later my girl." She said and left. I huffed and made my way over to Cece. When she saw me she rolled her eyes.

"What you want ?"

"Let's go." I nodded towards the parking lot.

"I ain't going nowhere with you." She sassed with Kevin standing next to her. I grabbed her arm and pulled her.

"Go get in the damn car and if you don't ima whoop your ass and this time it won't be in private." She looked me up and down and stomped to my car.

We got rode home in silence for awhile with only the radio playing.

"Why you always gotta embarrass me ?" She finally spoke.

"I don't like the people you hang with." I said simply.

"So ? I like them. They're cool."

"No , they not. They trouble. What ever happen to Maddie ? Your middle school friend. I see her around school , but she always by herself."

"I still hang with her sometimes." She looked out the window. She was lying.

"No you don't. You probably ditched her for them dumb ass kids you hanging with now."

"They didn't like her. She was lame , so she had to go."

"I can't believe you , man." I shook my head.

"I'm sick of being a damn lame. I wonna be known."

"And that's fine , but you getting known for the wrong things."