Chapter 1

Beep ! Beep ! Beep !

I jumped up once I heard the alarm and growled. Today was the first day of my senior year. Also known as the end of summer break. I got up and went to the bathroom to get myself together for today.

Anyways , I'm Chanel Tayor. But everyone knows me as the daughter of the most powerful man in almost all of Georgia ; Michael Taylor.

Yeah , that's right. I'm a 'Drug Brat' like others may say. I grew up rich and got everything I wanted , but the only thing is , I didn't want this lifestyle. I wanted simple , middle class , normal family , but I got the opposite.

Enough about that shit , more about the real me. I'm 17 and currently starting my senior year in high school. I live with my father , step mom , and step sister. I have 2 best friends and no boy friend. I grew up learning to keep my circle small. No one is to be trusted except for the day 1 niggas. And that's how it just has to be. I've had those people who always are trying to get close to me because of the money my father has , but I already know who's gonna be on my side till the day I close my eyes forever.

I walked out the bathroom and threw on something simple.

"Morning." I said walking in the kitchen.

"Morning." My step mom ; Jenee said dryly.

Me and her don't really see eye to eye. The reason is because I don't like her and everything she does wrong , I point out that my mom can do it better. Only because it's true.

My mom and my dad split when I was 5. She found out that my father had cheated and gotten a chick pregnant. She was fed up and left. I was supposed to leave with her , but my dad took her to court and of course he won the case. That's why me and my father don't have the best relationship I guess.

Anyways , Cece was born and him and Jenee (step mom ) started seeing each other and then Ta-Dahhhh ! She's my step mom.

I fixed my usual breakfast biscuit since miss prissy doesn't like to cook and went to my father's office where he was on the phone.

"I want everything done the exact way I ordered. Don't mess this shit up. Understand ? One." He hung up and smiled at me.

"Morning Sweetheart."

"Hey , dad." I said with my mouth full of food.

"I won't be here when you get back. I have some business to take care of , but I'll see you at dinner."

"Okay. I'll be home later than usual. Me and Jalynne are going meet up with Chris."

"Alright be careful , I'll have someone check on you later."

I sighed. This dude always gotta have somebody stalking me.

"Aight , bye dad."

"See you later baby girl."

I smiled and walked out of the office.

I'm used to my father barely being home. He's a busy man , obviously. Then again , me and him barely spend time together. My question is , why fight for a child you barely speak with.

I walked back to the front on the house where Cece was waiting for me.

Cece is of course the step sister I never wanted. She's one of those kids who wants to be older than they are. In front of her parents , she's the perfect little girl , but I have seen her real skin. Tight clothes , boys , and the other bullshit she's into. She doesn't fool me , but hey. She ain't my child to raise.

Even though ,she may be all those things. I feel like she just needs someone there for her. I try as best as I can to be there for her though.

"Hey , you ready ?" I said grabbing my school bag.