11

Krystal woke up quiet early the next day. It was the day she was starting work in her dad's company. She had been away since her she went to school abroad and her dad told her she could start work after she got married.

    When Krystal woke up, she realized that Andrew was already awake and wasn't in the room.

   She didn't want to wake Andrew's mum when she was leaving for work, so she had left without seeing her.

Krystal got to the office as soon as she could and she was right on time.

Immediately she got to the office, her assistant came to her almost immediately.

"The boss wants to see you," she said, immediately Krystal got to her office.

"I will be right with him," she said and dropped her bag in the office.

She went to her dad's office a few minutes after she left the office.

She knocked on his door.

"Come in," he said.

"Morning dad."

"How have you been? How is Andrew? You can sit,"

Krystal sat on the chair in front of her dad.

"He is fine and I am fine too. Thank you dad."

"Are you sure?"

"Dad, you don't need to worry. I am fine."

"You can't expect me not to worry. Your mum is also worried sick. The change is all of a sudden and all these is new to us."

"Dad, I am old enough to make my own decisions and all I need now is for you to trust me, like you always do."

"You know I will trust you to do the best thing and you're my little Angel, I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Nothing is going to happen to me dad. Andrew is a nice guy."

"Alright dear. There is a conference meeting now, we should get going."

"Alright."

They both went to the conference room for the meeting and immediately Krystal entered the conference room, her eyes met those of Collins and she immediately averted it.

She didn't want to face him yet. She didn't even want to have anything to do with him, at least not yet but she knew that it was not going to be possible because of work.

"So, we are all here because we need to talk about the new chocolate flavors. So, any ideas?"

"So, I was thinking what about we do crusts, something like cornflakes plus chocolate. I think that would be nice," Krystal suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I doubt it would sell," Collins immediately said, even before her dad could say anything.

Krystal turned to look at him. Everyone in the office could feel the intensity between the both of them. They were not talking but it was intense and it was already making every other person uncomfortable.

"I don't think that's your decision to make," Krystal said.

"I am just saying what is good for the company. It's not good that we make mistakes that would cost the company."

"And how do you know this would cost the company?"

"Collins!! Krystal!!" Krystal's dad said. He was tired of the back and forth that was happening between them.

They both turned to look at him. Everyone was already staring at them and nobody wanted to interfere into what was happening.

"I think we should focus on the matter at hand. You two can not be talking to each other these way, we are supposed to be talking about how to take the company forward."

"Colllins, do you have any other options or thoughts on what we could do?"

"No sir, I don't."

"So, we will be going with Krystal's idea then. Anybody who has any other idea can talk about it here or should just let me know when they think of something."

"So, Krystal I will put you incharge of the production, you can also pick out your team members. Anybody you want on the team can be there."

"Alright. Thank you."

"The meeting is over," Krystal's dad stood from where he was sitting and then everyone also stood from where they were sitting.

Everyone left the room and it was Krystal and Collins that were left.

"So, how is your husband and married life?" Collins asked, moving closer to where Krystal was staying.

"I don't think that is any of your business," Krystal said.

Collins laughed.

"You don't think you will embarrass me and you will go scot free, you know it doesn't work that way," Collins said.

"I did what was best for me and let me tell you, I am not done with you. It's better if you watch yourself and also, stop planning anything that you're planning."

Collins laughed again.

"You're really doing more than you can. You should be the one to watch yourself."