14

"Why do you say that?" Andrew asked.

Krystal sat up in bed, looking at Andrew like he had fire planted on his head. She couldn't believe he was oblivious to what was going on downstairs with Rita.

It was obvious she had something against Krystal and anyone would have noticed. She figured that Andrew was probably too carried away with seeing her that nothing else mattered.

"Rita might seem could sometimes but trust me, she is the best person you can be with. With time, she will warm up to you," Andrew said.

Krystal didn't want to go further arguing about his sister with him. If there was something she had learnt over the years, it was that no matter what, people will take the side of family over any other person.

What Krystal was failing to realize was that she was also family now.

Krystal went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She changed into her night wear in there. She still wasn't comfortable doing stuff like that in front of him.

"You and Rita seem close," Krystal said, walking into the room and laying in bed.

"We are. We used to be inseparable as kids and we grew that way. In high school, we sat at lunch together, did everything together. People always thought we were twins or something."

"That's nice. I never had a sibling, always wondered how it felt like."

"It's nice."

"Tell me about your love life. Have you ever loved? Like really loved?"Krystal asked.

"I didn't have any. Life's just been life."

Andrew gave the most vague answer. Krystal wondered maybe he didn't want to talk about it but that didn't make her stop asking.

She always wanted to know what was going on. What was happening with people.

"So, was it from high school you got the player name of after?" She asked him.

"Just before high school ended," he responded.

"What happened?" She curiously asked.

"It's not a story for tonight," Andrew said, turning to look at the other side of the bed.

"So, you're not going to say it?"

"Maybe some other time," he said.

Krystal switched off the light by the side of her bed.

"Good night."

"Good night," he responded.

Krystal slowly drifted off to sleep.

"You killed them!!" She screamed as she held on to his shirt tightly in an attempt to fight him the best way she could.

She was hitting him and even though he couldn't feel it since her hands weren't a match for his built body. "you took the people I loved the most in this world away from me just because of your selfish desires"!!!

She continued with tears in her eyes and he struggled to remove her hands from his shirt in that attempt, he was pushing her close to the wide-open window.

Her legs were just at the tip of the window now Unknowingly to her and it didn't seem like Collins cared that much as he removed her hand finally from his shirt but instead of pulling her in, he let go of her hands just after she said "I wish I had never gotten married to you"

Before Krystal could grab on to anything, she could already feel herself devoid of support, the sudden rush of adrenaline rushed through her and she felt her whole life flash in front of her.

Krystal jolted off from sleep suddenly. Her heart beating rapidly and she was sweating profusely. It was the same dream she had been having for some days now. She didn't want to relieve it, she was scared. Scared that it was a warning that it was going to happen again.

Krsytal stood from the bed and decided to go down for a glass of water. She sat at the kitchen table and poured herself a glass. She was drinking when she suddenly heard a voice.

"You're up late."

The voice jolted her and she nearly spilled the content of the cup.

Rita moved closer to where Krystal was sitting.

"You scared me," Krystal said.

"I didn't mean to," she said, sitting next to Krystal.

Krystal dropped the cup she had used for water and stood from where she was sitting.

Rita stood too

"Thought we could have a drink together," Rita said.

"I feel sleepy, I should go to bed now," Krystal said.

Krystal was about to step out of the kitchen when Rita spoke.

Krystal knew the kind of person she was and that was why she objected to the sitting and chatting. As much as she would have loved to bond with her. She knew there was an ulterior motive to it.

"Why do I feel like you're hiding something. Is there something you don't want me to know about?" Rita said.

Krystal turned to look at her.

"You really shouldn't make assumptions about people you do not know," Krystal said.

"In time, I will know everything that I want to know."

"There is nothing to know," Krystal said and then walked away from the kitchen.

She wondered why Rita didn't like her. She didn't know Rita from anywhere else so there was no way she could have done anything to hurt her or do anything to her.

Rita went back to her room after taking a glass of water. She opened her laptop and searched for Krystal's name. She wanted to know everything about her.

She felt she was hiding something even though Krystal didn't give her a reason to think that.

Rita read all about Collins and Krystal and all that had happened on the wedding day. All that made her even more suspicious of Krystal.

Krystal went back to lay in bed after she got back up. She wasn't feeling even a bit sleepy but she just closed her eye and tried to force herself to sleep.

Krystal hoped she wouldn't have the same dream again. She feared how much it scared the hell of her and how much it brought back her past to reality.