Chapter 33 // NSFW

Hugh's arms are draped around my waist when I wake up. He peers down at me, his eyes still heavy with sleep as he gently pulls me closer to him. My head nuzzles into his chest.

"Good morning," he mumbles.

His voice is so deep and groggy, like he also just woke up. It rumbles through his chest and sends vibrations throughout my body. His morning voice is so sexy. More so after the night we had, but I'm still so tired.

"Morning," I yawn, which makes him chuckle.

"Slept well?" He plants a soft kiss on the top of my head.

I struggled to sleep the first night because of how close he was, but now, I'm resting better than I ever have with him cuddled up against me, so I nod my head once.

"Yeah, you?"

He lets out a soft hum. His fingers start to trace patterns on my back through the tank top I'm wearing. Even with the fabric, it feels like his skin is directly on mine.

"I don't think I've slept this good in a while." He seems so relaxed and at ease, it makes me smile.

"Really?" I use his technique against him and trail my index on his collarbone in small circles.

His touch is just as gentle as mine, his lips pull into a warm and affectionate grin. "Well, I did have some great company last night."

My face heats up a bit, knowing he's talking about me. I like how even through his sarcasm, he still is so sincere.

I joke right back with the same tone. "Oh? You should keep them extra close then."

"Don't worry. I fully intend to."

Unprecedented warmth blooms in my chest. My heartbeat spikes. He means every word. He made that pretty clear once I reached out to him after that interview. Even before our argument, his intentions for me were splayed out on his sleeve.

I can't believe it took me so long to see that, but I'm so glad I do now.

I could spend forever right here with him like this until I remember that we're supposed to meet up with Milo, Mom, and the rest of my family for brunch.

I don't have my phone on me, but I know there's a digital clock on the bedside table behind me, which Hugh can see.

"Um, what time is it?"

He glances over my head. "Looks like it's a quarter past 10. What time was brunch again?"

That's when I realize that Milo didn't relay all that information last night. I should probably text him, except that's also on the nightstand.

I pull my hand away from Hugh and try to grab it as I twist around in his arms.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying," I say as I almost have it in my hand, "to get my phone."

As soon as I grab it, I turn back to face Hugh. Once I power the screen on, I learn I'm not going to have to text Milo, because he beat me to it. He sent a message about half an hour ago with the time and place.

"11:30. Tilda's Sandwich Shop," I say so Hugh can hear.

This is looking a lot more like lunch than brunch, but I don't complain, because that means I get to stay here with Hugh like this for a little longer.

After a few seconds, Hugh glances down at me with a mischievous glint in his hazel eyes. His voice is low and playful.

"So, we don't have to rush out of here."