Chapter 38 // NSFW

The second gift is not as heartwarming as the first, but my intentions with it are the same.

Erin doesn't know that she is the real gift. The ring, the lingerie. They're nothing without her. As she picks up the silky, black set, I gauge her reaction. Every slight movement she makes has me anticipating. How her eyes study the fabric, how smooth it feels between her fingers, how she looks at me with a hint of playfulness. And, the way the ring on her left hand catches the light is so empowering.

She's so god-damned beautiful. Each little thing she does has me on my knees for her. Quite literally just a few seconds ago I was, but in every sense, I belong to her.

I don't think she knows just how much she has me wrapped around her finger. I would do absolutely anything to see her smile, to touch her soft skin, to glide my tongue all over her body, to inhale her sweet perfume, and hear those moans reserved specially for me.

But, tonight, it's not just this unquenchable desire I have that fuels my desperation to please her. I'm so deep in fucking love with her.

Right then, she pivots, and I get a glorious view of her.

Her dark hair is up in a messy bun. A corner of her lips pulls into a smirk matching my own. There's a twinkle in her gaze, like she can see right through me.

"I thought the surprise for you was me saying yes to your proposal, but now that I have this in my hands, this is what you actually meant, isn't it?"

I chuckle a bit, giving her a sly grin. "Yeah, it was, but it's not what you think. Not exactly. I want tonight to be special."

Rising from off the floor, I tower over her small frame. God, when she looks up at me like that, with those doe eyes, it's hard to resist the temptation to just ravage her right where she stands. I take the lingerie from her hands and toss it on the bed. We'll get to that shortly.

"And, what is it you think I'm thinking?" She hums, already not fully believing what I'll say next before the words even leave my mouth, but it's really not that complicated.

It's actually rather simple.

I take a step closer, cupping her cheek with my left hand. My thumb brushes gently over her skin. "I didn't buy it just so I could see you in it, which I absolutely do, but that's not the only reason I got it for you."

"Oh?" She leans into my touch, her eyes flutter closed. "What's the other reason?" She whispers, but I can still hear the teasing in her tone.

Dipping my head down to hers, favoring her right side as my lips brush her ear, I lower my voice. "I want to be the one to take it off of you."

That's the rule. She can put it on. She can move around in it, but when it comes off, it'll be from my doing. I'm going to worship her and her body. I'm going to show her just how much I crave her.

Her eyes snap open, and this time the look she gives me is no longer amused. I've got her in a heated daze. Right where I want her.

I love seeing how my words effect her. Her body is tingling with excitement. My lips curve into a grin against her ear before I start placing small kisses at the base of it, tracing a path down her neck. She lets out a content sigh.

Continuing my descent, I grip onto her hip with one hand, using the other to pull the collar of her shirt a little away from her neck to nibble where her shoulder begins. It's already getting in the way, and soon enough, it'll fall to the floor when I take it off of her.

"I want to take my time doing it," I murmur between kisses. "Slowly. Gently. And I want to relish every moment. Every inch."

The next time my lips press to her body, they're parted. My teeth bite into her just how she likes before I suck and lick at the spot with my tongue.