eight

"I came here to see you." Joe said with a smug look on his face. God, I wanted nothing more than to punch him and tell him to go to hell. Before I could say anything, Joe pushes past me and steps into the house.

"Excuse me?" I near yell as my eyes widen as he sits down on the couch like he already lives here. I walk over to him and point to the door. "Get out."

Joe stands up and glances at my hands protecting my belly before looking at me dead in the eyes. "I heard you're pregnant with that football boys baby." He scoffs. "Surprised he didn't leave you when he found out. Soon enough, he'll just leave you for the next girl once he realizes you're not wife or mother material. He'll leave you behind and you'll cry and make everyone feel sorry for you. In the meantime, I'm just here to have some fun."

Tears fill my eyes at his words and he steps closer to me. Fear immediately overtakes me as he keeps glancing at my belly and up and down my body and I realize what he means by fun. In the back of my mind, I'm praying that Travis wakes up soon because I need him. Joe was always stronger than me and always caught me in moments when I had no way to defend myself.

Joe grabs my arm and throws me to the ground. My hands fly to my belly to protect it as I hit the floor and I yelp as I feel a sharp pain in my left side from Joe kicking me. Then out of the corner of my eye, I spot Travis walking out of our room and he stops in his tracks when he sees Joe towering over my shaking body.

"What the hell is going on?" Travis' voice echoes throughout the living room. He walks over to us and stands in front of Joe, crossing his arms. I've never seen Travis look so pissed off in the entire time I've known him.

"Nothing you should be concerned about. Taylor and I are just reconnecting." Before Travis can react, Joe kicks me in the side again causing me to let out a scream. Fuck, that hurt. I scramble back towards the couch to get away as Travis picks Joe up by his collar with one hand, shoving him against the wall.

"Do not touch my girlfriend. You hear me?" Travis says through gritted teeth. My breathing starts to quicken and I try my hardest to take deep breaths so I don't go into a full blown panic attack. I rest a hand on my belly, caressing it with my thumb.

Joe laughs and winks at me which only makes Travis angrier. Right as Joe opens his mouth to speak, my front door opens and a couple of my security guys walk in along with a couple officers. Travis releases his hand from Joe's collar and he drops to the floor with a thud. Everything is a blur as my security and the two officers are dealing with Joe. Tears flood my eyes and I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and a voice I recognize as Travis' telling me he's there and that it's okay now. Travis carefully pulls me onto his lap and he rubs my back with one hand and his other hand rests on my bump, gently caressing it. I sob into his neck and every slight move I make hurts.

"It's okay, babygirl. I got you. You're safe now." He whispers in my ear and Drew, one of my security guys, sits down across from us. I lift my head up to look at him and Travis wipes my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Taylor. We don't know how he got through the gate." Drew says solemnly and I shake my head.

"No, don't apologize, it's not your guys' fault. Joe is smart and will stop at nothing to get what he wants." Travis kisses my forehead and I lean back against him while keeping my hands on my bump.

"What we're going to do is have double security watching the front gate and cameras from now on. Because of the leaks and today's incident, we'll be switching back and forth on staying in one of the guest rooms. All of us, including Travis and Tree, just want to keep you safe." I look up at Travis and he nods in agreement.

"Thanks, man. We appreciate you guys." Travis says and Drew nods before standing up to head back outside. As the front door closes, I burst into tears and wrap my arms around Travis' neck and burry my face in his neck, wetting his t shirt with my tears. He carefully stands up and lifts me into his arms, allowing me to wrap my legs around his waist and attach to him like a koala.

"Wanna go back to bed and lay down?" I nod and Travis carries me upstairs and into our bedroom. He lays me down and helps me get comfy under the covers. My grip on his arm gets tighter as soon as I feel him move away from me.

I look up at him as tears continue to flow down my cheeks. "Where are you going?" My voice is quiet and Travis leans down to kiss my cheek. "I need to make a phone call, baby. I'll be back in a few minutes, okay?"

"Be quick." I whisper and I press my lips to his. After a few seconds, we pull away and Travis grabs his phone from his nightstand before walking out of the room.

Travis' POV

I quickly walk back downstairs and plop down on the couch, pulling out my phone. I dial Jasons' number and, thankfully, he picks up.

"Hey bro! We're just about done packing up your house and we've already taken a truckload to the donation place with the stuff you gave us permission to get rid of. Patrick, Brittany, Ross, Kylie, and I should be heading to you guys tomorrow morning."

"Jason." I say with a solemn tone.

"Uh oh... did something happen? Are you not staying up there anymore?"

"No, I'm definitely staying here with Tay. I just need to let you guys know to be a little careful around her during the week you guys are staying here."

"What's going on, Travis? You're scaring us. I have you on speaker so we're all listening. I know you're going to ask so it's just me, Kylie, Patrick, Ross, and Brittany. Whatever you say stays with us."

I sigh and try not to let myself break down. "Joe got into the house this morning and attacked Taylor. I got downstairs at the right time. I don't even want to know what would've happened had I not gone downstairs when I did. Tay is terrified right now and is really on edge." I hear gasps over the phone and an 'oh my god' that sounded like it came from Kylie. All of us know how badly Joe fucked Taylor up.

"Is she going to be okay? Is the baby okay?" Brittanys voice comes through the phone.

"Yes, both her and the baby are okay."

"That's good. Well, we'll let you know when we're headed out. Tell Taylor we love her, okay? Go get back to your girl and give her all the love."

"I will. Love you guys and drive safe tomorrow." We exchange a goodbye and I put my phone back in my pocket after hanging up. It was at that moment I let myself fall apart. Burying my head in my hands, I broke down. I swear, my blood turned to ice in my veins when I saw my beautiful girl on the floor quivering under her ex boyfriend who smells like spoiled milk. God, I'd do anything to protect her and our little bean. Even if it meant I'd have to lay down my own life.