Chapter 75

Elliott rarely gets drunk in such occasions however whenever it happens the youngest prince was always the one who caters his needs in bringing him back home in his own estate in one piece.

The head butler helped the monarch as if a routine. By bringing the drunk Elliott back in his own bed chambers that Prince Azule grew accustomed. The butler leaves as Prince Azule dismissed him after bringing basin with warm water and towels along with a glass of water.

Doors closed now.

Prince Azule sighs as he shakes Elliott shoulder. Elliott opens his eyes and has a smile on his face. "Your Highness!" He cheerily beams drunk.

Prince Azule chuckles. "Elliott tidy yourself up before your brother comes, it'll save me from his thoughts of me being a bad influence on you."

Elliott nods his head and like a child he washed his face from the basin and dry it by the towels. He drink up the glass of water and lazily got up from his bed to get changed without malice in front of the prince as by the edge of his bed the butler has left his sleep wear. He dives back in on his bed and spreads himself like a starfish. This was the common occurrence whenever he gets drunk.

Prince Azule shakes his head and smile as he took the changed of clothes and neatly folded them as he places them near the bedside table. "How dare you to be so shameless whenever this happens and go bare in front of me." Prince Azule sighs. "Your too lucky, I'm patient with you." He stared at the snoring unbothered man.

Emerald had a rough time earlier the first prince of the Drukurian Empire was sticking to him like glue at the event as if a royal guard on duty to follow him everywhere. That is why he got home earlier than his sibling who as the butler reported got home in one piece with the aid of the seventh prince. Emerald find it good that the seventh prince became good friends with his brother. As soon as he saw from his window the seventh prince carriage left. The butler then informs him of a baby left at the household gates. Emerald was curious for the situation. He immediately got out and see for himself.

The next morning was truly a surprise for Elliott instead of his brother reading a newspaper. He was holding a baby in his arms laughing as the baby giggles loudly.

"Brother who's that?" He asks.

Emerald smiles. "This is Kaiser. I'll adopt him after a week."

"What?!"

Emerald chuckles. "Your too drunk last night. How could I even bother to tell you that there was a helpless baby left outside our gates."

Elliott sighs. "I'm sorry."

Emerald stands up from his seat as he carry the baby and walk towards his younger brother. "It's fine to drink but drink in moderation. Anyways Kaiser has no one left like us... and he is good child."

Elliott nodded as he looked at the baby. Elliott furrowed his brows. "That's strange only if your a part of the royal family you'll obtain such silver hair color- wait up- brother... Kaiser is not some ordinary baby."

Emerald nodded. "I believe so too... I think his mother left him with us thinking he'll have a good chance meeting his relatives through us."

"Then you can't adopt him. The Emperor always collect his descendants-"

"I can adopt Kaiser. Don't worry. We can keep him." Emerald stated firmly.

From the memories of the old Emerald one particular strange thing has left an impression to Minho and that was Emerald taking care of a silver haired boy and yet the boy in his eigth birthday got lost and was never found. He knew somehow the boy perhaps might be the one who came back and managed to order every dragon to go against the royal family. Something must have happened for the boy to ckme back in adulthood and murder everyone. So to solve the problem he believes that taking care of such baby is a must and nothing wouldn't stop him in adopting Kaiser. Kaiser of course he has such name as from the basket we're he was left a single note of his name was written. Nothing was left but a note of the baby's name.

Everyone in the mansion was uneasy by the situation. Emerald was even bold to sent a letter of invitation to the Emperor for the matter of requesting his adoption on Kaiser be legitimize. However instead of a letter coming back as a reply for the same day it was send not to long a response from the other party was returned and that was the Emperor himself graciously visiting the Marchand household once again by the evening.

As soon as the doors closed with only Emerald and the Emperor in the receiving hall. The Emperor then speaks up. "For five years after your father's death this household is silently growing its wealth and influence. Is that not enough for you lord Marchand that now you dare to claim what is by blood from the royal family to be added to your family? As far as I remember you ask I the Emperor for you and your brother not having ties with the monarchy to avoid being targeted from enemies. So now give me a reason why would I grant you adopting a descendants from my family?" The Emperor narrowed his eyes at the young man who has his head down.

Emerald slowly lifts up his head and stared at the Emperor. He took out an old letter that has the Emperor's seal on it. Emerald smirks. "I'm sure you'll let me take care of Kaiser for this your Majesty."

The Emperor raised his brow. "What of it?"

Emerald chuckles, shaking his head. "This letter contains your rash decisions to my late father.... A confession to the many crimes of you and him together. The date on the letter stamps about when you we're 16 your Majesty and I had also obtained many more letters from which you and  father has done to make the crown stable. I know our family will perish but father is long gone now. However his Majesty is alive and well. As the head of the household. I had access to many of the previous head of the Marchand household things from documents to letters."

The Emperor suddenly laughs out loud and soon it subsidies. He eyed up Emerald. "All right. I'll let you take the child."

Emerald bows his head. "I will cherish him as if my child truly your Majesty and as for those letters. I swear my life that not one but I alone will know of this."

The Emperor nods. "Very well. I'll arrange the documents for tomorrow." The Emperor then places his hand on Emerald's shoulder. "You got your father's brain." The Emperor sighs. "I am not surprised why my son has fallen for you." The Emperor sighs. "I could kill you easily lord Marchand but my eldest has his eyes on you... your truly lucky."

The Emperor took his hand off from Emerald and leaves the room without looking back.

The approval of the said adoption was done by the next day. As the royal family has gathered for a healthy breakfast it couldn't be helped. The first prince mood was not one of the best.

The gentle sound of glassware could be heard as a few conversations we're exchanged by the brother's and some of the mother's. Until everyone's attention went to the first prince who suddenly stands from his seat.

The Emperor continues to eat whilst his son's behavior.

"Father why did you let him adopt one of our own?"

Title as the head of the country was not used, seems it is a urgent matter. The Emperor waves his hand gently. The head eunuch understands and ushered every servant to leave the dining hall. The double doors closed now as the Emperor got off his seat and looks back at his son. The Emperor smirks. "Lord Marchand volunteered to take care of the orphan child and besides. I trust he will keep his word. Yesterday I had even witness how he had grew to adore the babe as if his own. I know this is unusual but I trust lord Marchand."

The first prince curls his hands into fist. "If I know your making schemes to terrorize him-"

The Emperor chuckles. "My son, I swear. I did not do such thing. You may ask him. Go and visit your ex fiancée and see for yourself how he cherish that infant."