The smoke of Midgardian cigarettes

Asgard at night was mesmerizing. The brilliant glow of the rainbow bridge illuminated the dark sky with vivid, otherwordly colors, the golden peaks of the palace roofs shone radiantly under the moonlight, while the distant windows of people's houses shimmered a soft yellow like the Christmas lights on a festive tree. She had always loved this view from Loki's bedroom windows. She sat on a marble window-sill, stretching her legs out in front of her and smoking a Midgard cigarette, gazing over the night city.

Today, exactly a year has passed since her relationship with Loki began, and she sat there, unable to cry.

Loki lay on the vast bed, covered in a silk sheet, his chest rising and falling peacefully. Her love was asleep. But no, Loki had never truly been hers...

Exactly one year ago, when she arrived at the palace, she had run into him in the corridor. The god of deceit immediately ensnared her naive heart, which soon fell deeply in love with him. At first, passionate nights and sweet promises clouded her eyes, keeping her from seeing the truth. She was by his side day after day: fulfilled any request, offered support, defended him, and gave herself to him, night after night.

But there came a moment when, seeing the looks in the eyes of Thor, his mother, and Odin, she realized her own folly. It was clear to everyone in the palace that she followed Loki like a small dog, always and anywhere, and he had become her master. He had stolen her heart and wasn't about to give it back. He treated her more like a concubine or servant than someone he could ever truly love. But love was not Loki's nature and she realized it too late. The pain of her broken heart had felt unbearable then, and yet, her damn love for this cunning, black-haired god prevented her from leaving, just as it did now. Sitting on the windowsill, she took another deep puff and exhaled a thin stream of gray smoke into the high ceiling, silently reproaching herself for her weakness and love. It was agonizing to realize that someone did not care about you, while you loved him too much to let go, as though he was a drug or the air you breathed.

I have always been by your side.

Her thoughts drifted to Loki.

I have always held your hand, putting your needs before mine... but one day, I will gather the last of my strength and leave you. I will leave forever, without looking back and without regret...

Another puff left a bitter taste in her mouth, etching this moment deep into her memory.

And Loki, sleeping peacefully on his silk sheets, frowned for a second. He seemed to sense the harsh wind of her thoughts as the smoke from her Midgard cigarette curled through the room.