Ch.4 | Lullaby For Her Heart

[Unedited]

CONFIDANT (noun)

kaan·fuh·daant

- a person with whom one shares secrets and private matters. It's someone you can trust to keep your secrets and offer support.

×××

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky"

"Never revealing their depth
And tell me that we belong together
And dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above"

"And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life"

"And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
And you're my survival, you're my livin' proof
My love is alive and not dead"

"And tell me that we belong together
And dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above"

Gray had a special way of making my heart feel lighter. He sang for me...

With his beautiful voice and caring presence, he sang a song that calmed my worries away. It was his gentle touch that stopped me from crying, and his presence that kept me from overthinking.

His voice and actions made me feel that he was there for me, and as a result, my heartache slowly faded away.

He's my halfly confidant in today's sorrow.

He cleared his throat, "I really don't know if what i did was a better way to relieve your sadness or even lessened it...Sorry, hindi naman kasi--" Hindi ko na siya pinatuloy pang magsalita, sumabat na ako.

"That was good..." Napasinghot ako ng sipon, "Thankyou, Gray... Napagaan mo loob ko. Tignan mo nga, hindi na ako umiiyak" Pansin ko rin ang pagdahan dahang pagsigla ng boses ko.

And it's right. I feel better after what he did.

" Ayos ka na bah talaga?" Marahang tanong niya.

"Oo nga, at dahil yun sa pagkanta mo" Tumayo ako sa pagkaka upo at pinunasan ang luha ko. Ngayon ko lang din napagtanto na mainit pala, so rang pawisan na ako. Gamit ang kamay, pinaypayan ko ang sarili ko.

"It wasn't just a song..." Banggit niya.

"And?"

"It was like a lullaby for your heart"

Pagkatapos ng nangyari, I tried my best to show my face in front of them. Hindi ako umabsent. May mga bulong-bulungan but I can handle it like i used to. Hindi na ako nagsumbong kay Mika at Alestair, I don't wanna cause another scene but here we go...

"Gago kayo! Ni kailan hindi ko pinaiyak ang bestfriend ko tapos kayo na walang ambag sa buhay niya, sobra makapag salita?! Damn it! Nawala lang ako saglit... Pinagtulungan niyo na siya! Mga---" Hindi na niya natuloy ang sasabihin niya nang inutusan ko na si Kian na hilahin ang maldita.

Mika and Alestair, their raging anger was evident. Kakapasok palang nila at gulat ako ng halos itaklob na niya sa galit ang classroom.

Kian helped me pulling those mad girls away from them, lumabas kami. I let them breath and compose themselves. Agresibong pinaypayan ni Alestair ang sarili niya gamit ang kamay niya. Mika was standing, too stressed.