Ch.8 | A Guerrero Again?

[Unedited]

With a nervous heart and panicking brain cells, I said, "Bakit po, la?"

"Oh, nevermind." Lola said and continued sipping her wine.

My shoulders sagged as disappointment washed over me. I had expected something when she called,... but it seemed I had been wrong to assume. I tried to keep my hurt and disappointment hidden as best I could. But the truth was, she never seemed to care much about me.  This was just how she was, and it stung deeply. Hindi ako bobo para hindi malaman yun.

Maybe... I wasn't that interesting for her.

Among all of my cousins, I feel like I'm the least favorite one of my grandmother. I try to act like it doesn't bother me, but deep down,... something eats away at me. I find myself envying them for their talent, kindness, beauty, and intelligence, while I just feel like nothing, pero hindi naman ako galit eh, sadyang nagseselos lang talaga ako.

Anytime I visit, I look forward to new experiences with my grandmother, but it's never satisfying because she hardly pays me any attention.

Don't be sad, Zariah... You can't please everyone, especially her.

The morning arrived, and I woke up early to go for a walk, though that wasn't the only reason. I needed to escape as well, my eyes were fluffy and swollen from non-stop crying the previous night, and I didn't want anyone to see them. Despite wanting to avoid worrying them, I decided to grab my bicycle from the garage.

I had heard rumors of a nearby beach and wanted to visit it, planning to return once my eyes were no longer red and tired. I hoped the beach would allow me to unwind and relax.

"Wow!" Manghang bulong ko sa kawalan.

After a long and tiring ride, i finally arrived at the beach side. Walang gaanong tao, which is suitable para makapag emote ako.

Umupo ako sa buhangin malapit sa tubig at pinagmasdan ang tanawin.

This is what we call-- unwind.

The wind whipped through my curly brown hair. The sun wasn't too blistering hot, and it wasn't overly dim either. I was alone--or so I thought. But suddenly, a loud bark from a hulking bulldog made me jump with fright. He wasn't angry, but he was barking at me. I froze, staring back at him.

"Oh my gosh" I mumbled, kinakabahan ako. I don't know what to do! I don't have any pets but i know that stray dogs are dangerous because they have no vaccine.

Paano kapag kagatin niya ako? I'm sure masakit yun!

"Hey, doggie..." Kausap ko sa aso. "Let's talk this out,hmm? Huwag mo akong kagatin... I'm not that tasty eh. Kadiri ako."

"Rinig mo yun, Rufus? She already claimed that she's disgusting."

My heart skipped a beat as a person suddenly spoke. My gaze lifted to the tall figure in front of me, and instantly, I knew who it was. He was casually dressed in shorts and a jacket, holding a collar in his hands....presumably for the bulldog that had just been barking at me.

Wait, a Guevarra again?!

"You!" I pointed him using my index finger with my shocked face. I don't get it, why is he here?!

"What a small world, eh? Miss me?"

I scoffed, here's him again with his ka hanginan. "And why would I?" Disgust is evident in my tone.

Ashteroh Grayson Guerrero... again.

I crossed my arms and arch my brow, trying my best to shoo him away, "Why are you here? Are you following me? Geez, don't tell me... you're stalking me?! That's a crime, mister! Very not ethical..." I hissed. What i told him were purely exaggerated accusations.