Ch.12 I Break Up

[Unedited]

"This is how I'm spending my Christmas? A breakup with you?" he had said. Those words struck me once again, and the guilt within me continued to grow each time I heard his perspective.

This is not your fault,Gray... The blame is on me.

"I-I'm sorry, Gray..." I muttered, my guilt intensifying. This was my first breakup, and I was clueless about how to handle it. In a moment of haste, I had only told him that we needed to end things by saying, "We should stop."

Nakakalungkot pala ng break up, even though my relationship with Gray is different... Ganoon parin ang lungkot na bahagi nito.

I kissed a guy who's not him, my boyfriend. Hindi naman pwede kalimutan ko iyon, and it would be unfair to him na may iba akong nagugustuhan habang nasa relationship kami. Don't get me wrong, i like Gray but with physical interaction with Ashteroh? It was different... I felt more alive and happy.

I made a mistake... Nakagawa ako ng kasalanan sa kanya.

Over the phone, I heard Gray sigh, his voice tinged with sadness. "It's alright, Faye," he said. "We had our agreement, right? When one of us gets tired, we just need to say it, and we'll stop."

As he spoke, sadness crept into his voice, and even I couldn't hold back my tears any longer.

"But... can we still talk and text each other, even without a label?" The hopefulness in his words made it hard to refuse him.

"There's no need to ask, Gray," I replied through my sobs. "That's what I plan to do anyway. I can't bring myself to block a true friend... Thank you for understanding me, Gray."

With a shaky voice, I wiped away my tears and gently sat down on my bed, the emotional weight heavy on my chest.

My conversation with him had come to an end. Peace finally filled my mind. I was concerned about Gray, but I understood that life was simply a series of arrivals and departures. People came and went, and it was a part of life's natural cycle.

Today's Christmas Eve, December 24, and my morning had started on a not-so-pleasant note due to the recent break up. However, I refused to allow myself to feel lonely and sad. It was time to freshen up, dress nicely, and lend a hand to my family in the preparations for the holiday celebrations.

"Ang pretty ko talaga" I said, facing the mirror. I slipped into my favorite purple floral dress, the fabric swirling around me. Matching the outfit perfectly, I chose my pair of purple Barbie shoes. Then, I let my hair down, allowing it to fall freely past my shoulders, and added a cute headband for a touch of extra charm.

Sa aming magpi- pinsan ako lang ang may kakaibang appearance. I do have hazel brown eyes and light brownish curly hair. Si kuya, brown rin ang buhok but it is more likely dark brown. A lot of them said that i really looked like mom. It's like kuya is a photocopy of dad at ako naman kay mom.

"Hello, people!" I greeted the housemaids and guards with my enthusiasm. Parang kanina lang ay hindi ako umiyak.

"Morning miss Zariah!" Most of them greeted me back.

I didn't need to ask where my rowdy cousins and siblings were. I could already hear the bantering coming from the living room. I stood at the bottom of the stairs, watching them diligently preparing their gifts under the grand Christmas tree. I wondered where the adults were, probably engaged in their morning chats over coffee.

Kuya Sav greeted me as soon as he noticed me. "Uyh, Zariah, my favorite pinsan!" he exclaimed. My other cousins turned their attention towards me, and they smiled in return. I shyly waved back at kuya, and he reciprocated with another wave.