chapter 12

Alex's POV

Sonya was trying everything to keep Sky awake. We even ask their mother to help us. As I called the ambulance Sonya began panicking.  I turned around to see why she was so panicked. Her and her mother were over sky begging for her to breathe again.  Sonya was trying CPR. In that moment I felt useless and hopeless. I'm about to lose the love of my life and our unborn child and I'm frozen in place.
"She's breathing again! Is the ambulance on the way?" Sonya asked pulling herself together. 
"Yea they should be here any minute now." I responded quickly.
Moments later the ambulance arrived. The paramedics wasted no time to put Sky on the stretcher. I tried to ride with her in the ambulance but only her mother could go with her in the ambulance. Sonya and I hopped in my car and followed behind.
Sonya's POV
I could tell Alex was losing it. He is so close to breaking and its a little terrifying. I insisted that I drive but he refused. He followed the ambulance closely. Every turn the ambulance made, so did he. Even if they where illegal turns. Alex ran a red light and before we knew it we saw those red and blue lights behind us.
"So boy, where are you going to in such a hurry?" The officer asked.
"My girlfriend and and my child are in that ambulance!" Alex said panicked.
"Then who's the young lady next to you?" He raised an eyebrow.
"I'm his girlfriend's sister. Why is this relevant officer? Are we getting a ticket or being detained?" I said calmly.
"No you're free to go. Hope your girlfriend is ok. Have w nice day kids." With that the officer got back in his car and drove off. Alex was able to catch up with the ambulance moments later. We rushed inside after Sky. We were told we needed to wait in the lobby. My mother was already in the lobby when we entered.
We all sat next to each other and the only thing we could do was wait.
" this is all my fault!" My mother cried," I asked her to help me and now she's in this hell hole!" My mother began to break down and cry.
" mom you didn't do this." I soothed.
"Yea she's been under a lot of stress, from work to sonya to our relationship. Everything has been stressing her." Alex added. Moments later the doctor called my mom over. They spoke for a few seconds before she walked back to us.
"She had an allergic reaction." She spoke.
"To what?" Alex and I asked simentaniously.
"They're not exactly sure. I just know it was something in my room so I'll be clearing out the rest of my room myself."
"So basically she stopped breathing because of an allergic reaction? is the baby ok?" Alex asked anxiously.
"Yes the baby is fine" my mother replied.
"When can we see her?" I asked
"She's resting at the moment so later." After my mother spoke we fell into an awkward silence. The only thing we can do is wait until we're able to visit sky.