Chapter 11

Sky's POV
I had gotten Sonya back to sleep shortly after her out burst. I hadn't slept a wink since she woke up. I have to look after her and take care of her. The sun peeked in the window. I might as well make everyone breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and to my surprise my mother was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in hand.
"Hi mom" I said stoping in my tracks
"Skylar, tell me the truth. have I been a terrible mother?" She asked catching me off guard.
"Of course not!!! You've done what you can for me."
"I said to tell the truth." she said with a light hearted chuckle.
" I already know I'm a terrible mom. I'm always drunk and unaware of what's going on in my own house! Then even if I do know, I don't do anything about it. for example one of my daughters is pregnant and the other is being beaten." as my mother spoke she began to break down crying.i hugged my mom and tried to comfort her.
"I don't want to be like this anymore, I just don't."
" how did you know all that stuff going on with me and Sonya though?"
"Don't think just because I don't come out that I don't know what's going on. and plus you're showing so it's not hard to tell you're pregnant." she took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. " I want to go to rehab. I need to go to rehab. I have to get better so I can at least hold my grand child."
"Ok we can arrange that but for now I can't let you leave the house. you can't buy any alcohol and I'm cleaning out your room. Also I'm going to need you to stick around me or Sonya." my mother took in my words and slowly nodded in acceptance.
"Yea ok sounds like a plan." "now I'm going to cook some breakfast, would you like some?" I asked with a huge smile.
"That sounds delightful." I quickly whip up some eggs grits bacon sausage and toast. Sonya had woken up at the perfect time (when I was done with the cooking and cleaning the kitchen back), and Alex came in while I was cooking and helped me clean the kitchen before we ate. My mother had already began to eat.
"Good morning everyone," Sonya yawned and stretched as she spoke, "hope you slept well."
"Not a wink." I replied. Sonya finally turned her attention to our mother sitting at the table.
"Oh my mom! I haven't seen you at all since I got here!" Sonya seemed surprised to see our mom.
"Hello to you too sonya." my mother said with a radiant smile.
"We're going to be helping mom, Sonya." I spoke
"With?"
"I need you to help me clear moms room of any bottles, empty or full, and make sure that she has no access to any alcohol at all."
"Oh ok then." we all sat down at the table and ate our breakfast while conversating. after breakfast Sonya and I did exactly as promised. we cleaned moms room like there was no tomorrow. Our moms room went from hoarders to that one room in grandmas house that you got popped for even looking at it. we were exhausted after we finished. Suddenly I felt a ripping pain coming from my stomach. the pain was almost unbearable. I screamed out in pain as I felt the pain again. I bent over holding my small bulging belly. I took deep breaths to try to ease the pain but it was no use. finally Sonya was at my side stroking my back and asking if was okay. When she realized I couldn't fix my mouth to speak she yelled for Alex.