Chapter 16

Cisco - Hey, it's good karma. We do something nice, someday it'll come back to us.

Echo - Yeah, if we haven't starved to death by then.

Cisco - Yeah! Yeah, that's true... That's true.

Ms. Nowhere - Any moment now. When the satellite connects to our comm, it'll ring a random phone. We can't pick which one, but we can hang up and go to the next one that the satellite autodials.

Radio host - Congratulations, caller 72! You'll win a trip to the Caribbean if you can name a popular compressed air diving device.

Then Gary is trying to get to the phone with Radio Host so he and Ms. Nowhere can win a trip to the Caribbean.

Gary - Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.

Radio host - Sorry. We needed "scuba."

Gary - Scuba is an acronym!

Ms. Nowhere - We're trying to get out an SOS, not win a contest!

Gary - Fine by me! That station is a mess.

Karen - Hello, this is Karen. I'm having dinner. Is this another one of those robocalls? I don't want to buy anything.

Gary - Oh, I hear you, sister. Those are so irritating. What's for dinner?

Karen - Some of my famous marshmallow cranberry salad--

Gary - My granny made famous marshmallow cranberry salad! Her secret was honey.
Karen - My secret is brown sugar. I guess it's not a secret anymore!

Ms. Nowhere - Gary! Ask her to send out an SOS!

Gary - Oh, right. Karen. I need you to listen carefully. I'm a secret agent lost in the Sahara, and I need you to get me out.

Karen - This is the most exciting thing to happen since Jeepers ate a towel!

Gary - I'll give you a code so you can communicate with my agency. Tell them that Gary and Ms. Nowhere are alive and stranded in the Sahara. Type this code into your search engine: A-S-D-9-3-0-2-Q-K. Hello? Karen?

Ms. Nowhere - The satellite passed, Gary!

Gary - Don't worry. Anyone with a mind for marshmallow cranberry salad will be able to remember that code. I just pray Jeepers is okay.

Then Cisco tied a rope tight around Tony and he lowered Tony down into the well.

Tony - You sure this is a good idea? We have to get to the bottom of things. Where do you think that saying comes from?

Echo - Uh, not from this.

Tony - Look. You said the water drying up and our mission to find Cleve Kelso are connected. I'm trying to find out how. Keep lowering me down.

Echo - Hm.

Tony - Uh... I can't see anything.

Echo - Send down the drone.

Frostee - Got it. There's an aquifer system. Look at those mineral deposits. This entire place was filled up not that long ago.