Chapter 25

Srishti's PoV

It's been a week. I began my classes with Chef. He is too harsh. I hate him and like him at the same time.

I hate him because he is too harsh on me but I also like him because he treats me like he treats others, no special treatment.

I wake up at five and run to the kitchen and again run back to my room at six.

I do the same at night. I run to the kitchen after dinner, practise with him for an hour, and then head back to my room.

Overall, it has been a hectic week. I and Arthur had no exchanges after that day. He went back to being mute, and I went back to being blind.

Right now, I came back from practice after dinner with the chef. The chef is acting weird these days. Sometimes, he just stares at a wall or cuts more vegetables than required.

"Hello, come to the terrace, make it quick," Rebecca called me.

It was late at night, what might she want to talk to me about?

I picked up my coat and got in the elevator. Paul followed me.

He stood in the elevator itself and didn't get down.

I found Chef William and Rebecca sitting by the pool. The same pool that jerk threatened me to throw in. And later consoled me too. No, he did no such thing, that never happened. Forget it Srishti.

"Here," Rebecca put her hand up to get my attention.

I went and sat beside them on a lounger.

"Welcome to the club," Rebecca said excitedly.

What club?

"Not yet, she has to pass the test first," Chef William interrupted.

"Right, so, did you have your heart broken?" Rebecca asked me.

"Heartbreak? What club?" I was so confused. Her question just flew over my head.

"We have a club for heartbreak therapies. If have gone through a heartbreak, you can get an entry," Rebecca explained.

Oh my god! I can't believe this. I am so interested in it.

"Yes, I have been heartbroken," I said with delight.

"Go on, tell us your story," Chef William encouraged me to tell my story.

"There was this guy, I don't know his name, I don't know how he looks, I know nothing about him. But he saved me once and I fell in love with him. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about him. In the end, after a lot of searching, I gave up. My heart broke into a million pieces. I turned to alcohol to cope with my sorrow," I said in the most dramatic way I could. Most of it is a lie. I wasn't even at the drinking age when I met Mr Knight.

"Sad," Rebecca sympathised with me. I know it's sad. I wonder how Mr. Knight is doing. I hope he is married and has many beautiful kids.

"Welcome to insane souls club," Rebecca got up and hugged me. I hugged her back with the same affection.

"Tell me about your story now," I asked.

"I had a huge crush on my brother's friend, Fin," Rebecca said. Chef William rolled his eyes at her statement.

"You are a decade younger than him," Chef William said in annoyance.

"So, what?" Rebecca countered.

Oh God! Let her complete her story. It sounds fascinating.

"Anyway, he was the coolest in the school. He was everyone's crush. One fine day, I confessed to him," she said and let out an exasperated sigh.