Chapter 6

Arthur's pov

"Call Paul and William to my study," I ordered Andrew.

Andrew immediately called both of them to meet me in my study.

We entered my study, I was waiting for both of them.

I turned on my surveillance cameras outside the room. They both arrived but weren't coming in. I turned on the mike.

"You go in and tell him I fell sick and couldn't get out of bed," Willaim told Paul.

"I can't lie to Capo," Paul said.

"If you do this for me I will let you taste my special pasta recipe" William was trying to bribe Paul.

That idiot thinks my man will get bribed by mere pasta.

"Come in" I roared from inside the room sick of waiting for them.

They entered the room at the same time.

Paul bowed his head in respect to me meanwhile William came and sat down on the cushion.

I stood up from my place and sat on the cushion opposite to his.

"What was she doing with you?" I asked him.

"I took her as my apprentice," he said casually.

He smirked at me when he was serving me the food earlier at dinner, that's when I knew he was aware of who she was.

William is the son of my mother's closest aide. We grew up together. I don't even call him my acquaintance but he calls me his best friend.

"Why did you do such a thing?" I questioned him.

"It was she who approached me with the suggestion, I merely accepted it," he said in his defence.

He doesn't take apprentices, what changed?

"You don't take apprentices, why the sudden change?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"She looked hardworking. There were many cuts on her fingers and she had calluses, a sign of immense work she did in the kitchen" he said getting up.

"Where do you think you are going?" I asked holding myself back from shooting him with the gun he gifted me.

"Time for my dinner my friend," he said and left.

That asshole. One day I will teach him a good lesson.

"What is your excuse for your inability to fulfil your task?" I questioned Paul. I was very disappointed with him.

Paul is a trained spy and an assassin. This was the first time he failed to do something I assigned him.

"Madam said she twisted her ankle, I went to call for a medic. By the time I came back with the medic, she disappeared" he said with his head hung low in shame.

She lied to him. What else could I expect from her sister other than deceit?

"Leave." Paul left the room immediately.

"Call her" I don't have to say the name out loud, Andrew knew very well who I was talking about.

"Yes Capo," he said and dialled her number immediately.

"What is it now Mr Romano?" she asked in annoyance.

"Just reminding you of the deal we made," I responded calmly.

"About it, the terms of the deal will be changed now."

"What do you mean?"

"The deal was made when you didn't plan to kill my brother or marry my sister."