Secret love

~Steve's pov~
I talked to the doctors and they decided that Brooks was okay to go home. I walked into her room. "Hey guess what?" I said. "What?" Brooks said. "The doctors are releasing you today. I'm taking you home Brooks." I said. She half smiled. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I have no home Steve." She said. A tear slipped down her cheek. That was the first time I had seen her let the tears fall. The only other time I had seen her cry was when she got hurt. "Shied is your home Brooks. And the avengers are your family." I said. She nodded. "Your right." She said. "lets go." I said. "I'll grab your stuff." She nodded. We checked out and got to the car. "Are you ready to go back? You know fury will make you work as soon as he sees you." I told her. she just smirked. "I'm always ready to be able to spend time with you." She said. I smiled. we got back to shield and I walked her to her room. "You gonna be okay?" I asked.
~Brook's pov~
Truth was I wasn't. I didn't want him to leave. I wanted him to be next to me for the rest of my life. "Yeah. I'll call if I need anything." He nodded.
~2 hours later. Brooks pov~
I sat in my room. It was just me an my thoughts. I realized that I had nothing left in life. I was broken. I didn't want to cry but I didn't have an anchor anymore. The tears rain down my cheeks. I heard a knock on my door. "Brooks? Are you in there." I heard Steve say. "Yeah gimme a minute." I said. I heard the door creek open. I quickly wiped my tears on my sleeve. His smile quickly faded when he saw my tears. "Brooks what's wrong?" He asked. "Just go away." I said weakly. "Why would I leave brooks?" He said. "I don't need fellow agents seeing me cry." I said. "But I think you look beautiful when you cry." He said. I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed him and kissed him. He kissed back harder. I didn't want this to end. Ever. I pulled away but Steve pulled me back. I was falling hard for him. "Don't ever leave again." I said. "I swear on my life that I won't ever let you out of my sight." He said. And with that I could feel the brokenness inside me start to heal.
~Phoenix pov~
I heard a knock on the door at 3 am. What the hell? "Come in!" I yelled. It was brooks. "So has anyone ever liked Steve?" She asked. "Yeah." I said knowing where this was going. "Who?" She asked. "You." I said and slammed the door in her face.
About 30 minutes later I heard a knock again. "Steve what do you want it's like 3:30 am." I asked. "I just needed to ask you something." He said. "Yes Brooks likes you now go get some!" I yelled and slammed the door in his face. "What?!!!" I heard him yell. i opened the door again. "You heard what I said" I told him and slammed the door.
~Brooks pov~
Captain came back. I was half asleep when he came in. I was laying on my couch watching supernatural when he came and slowly moved to lay behind me. He was laying with his chest against my back. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "i love you Brooks."he said. "I love you to." I mumbled. I turned over and he kissed my forehead. I snuggled into his chest. "cap I'm cold." I said. He was wearing a sweatshirt . He took it off and handed it to me. I felt comfortable with him so I peeled my skin tight shirt off and pulled his sweatshirt on. "Thank you." I mumbled. I felt him breathe. I felt his heart beat. And I felt my life slowly putting itself back together.
~the next day Steve's pov~
We all went down to the conference room. Brooks was still wearing My sweatshirt. But I honestly didn't care. She looked adorable. we were all sitting around talking when I heard tony whisper to Clint "agent Brooks is such a slut. I bet she forced him into sex. She's pitiful." He said. "Fuck off tony. Your just mad that you can't have her. Because you always get what you want. Even if it means hurting everyone else.but you can't have her. Because she's mine." I yelled. I didn't realize what I had said until it happened. I had just told everyone that we were dating. "Yeah that's right. Me and agent Brooks are dating." I said walking over to her and kissed her. Phoenix was grinning like an idiot in he corner. "I ship it!" Phoenix yelled. Brooks started laughing so we had to stop kissing. Only my sister would do that.