Ventisette: Ellie

~Quando sei tutto solo, il tempo si muove lentamente

~When you're all alone, time moves slow.

♧~E.L.L.I.E~♧

I sat in the kitchen with Elio, trying to hold back my tears. The past two days had been a whirlwind of emotions, and I felt exhausted. I heard the front door open and knew it was Marco. My heart sank, but I kept my focus on Elio, not wanting to give Marco the satisfaction of seeing my pain.

"Ellie, we need to talk," Marco's cold voice cut through the silence. I turned to see him march up towards me angrily and I stiffened. Feeling unsure of myself. Why was he so angry? And why did he want to talk so suddenly?

I ignored him, hoping he would just leave me alone. My eyes looking down at my fingers on my lap. But Marco was persistent. "Ellie, I'm talking to you," he repeated, his tone more insistent. I felt the anger and annoyance in them. When Marco is angry, he's scary.

Anger and hurt surged through me. How could he act like nothing had happened? I continued to ignore him, but Marco's frustration was palpable. Suddenly, he was beside me, grabbing my arm roughly. "I said we need to fucking talk. Now," he hissed, dragging me towards him. I nearly fell down as he pulled me off the counter, dragging me along. A gasp left my lips and I whimpered.

"Marco, don't fucking touch her. This isn't the way to handle things," Elio said, stepping forward. His angry eyes directed to his brother and I was scared. I didn't want them to fight, especially because of me. I felt bad for being the reason for their aggression toward each other.

"Stay out of this, Elio. This is between me and Ellie," Marco snapped, his grip tightening.

I struggled against Marco's hold, my eyes filled with a mix of fear and defiance. "M-Marco, let m-me go. You're h-hurting m-me," I pleaded, but he ignored my protests and pulled me along, i stumbled behind him as we rushed upstairs, Elio frozen in place, as Marco dragged me into his room, slamming the door shut behind us.

He finally released my arm, but his expression remained hard and unyielding. "We need to talk about this," he said, his voice cold, and I pouted, my eyes blurry with tears.

I rubbed my arm where his grip had left a mark, my eyes flashing with anger. "T-Talk about what, Marco? I-I don't want to t-talk." I sniffed, wiping off my tears. "Y-You can be w-with anyone else....anyone y-you want."

Marco's jaw tightened. "I didn't cheat on you, Ellie. The fuck you mean I can be with anyone I want? It might look like I fucking touched another woman but my conscious wouldn't let me do shit like that." He held my eyes, and I looked away.

"Y-you ran away! You didnt want m-me anymore." I shot back, my voice trembling with emotion.

"Fuck baby, I want you. I'm sorry I'm fucked up, but it's always been you." My eyes waters, he takes a step forward but I took another back, he frowned. "I need you to trust me, topolini. It's always been you...I'm just a little more fucked up in the head compared to my brothers." He wanted trust, but why did he keep lying that he wanted me? It was not fair.

"I-I-" this time he cut me off, speaking before I could.

"I need you to trust me. You need to decide right now if you're going to believe me or not," Marco said, his tone unyielding. I wasn't sure, I felt rushed. He didn't even apologize....but it's okay...

"Y-you left me." My eyes turned away from his, looking down at my feet. I sniffed again, trying to gather the courage to speak. "That's n-not fair."

"I didn't leave-"