Chapter eight: the club awaits

As I lay in bed, I couldn't shake off the whirlwind of emotions from earlier. Asia's comforting words echoed in my mind, but the betrayal from both Casey and Carla still stung deep. It was surreal to think that the two people I trusted the most had plotted behind my back.

I kept replaying the moment I first saw that video, the disbelief washing over me as the realization struck—my entire relationship had been a lie. I turned over, pulling the covers tighter around me. The darkness felt heavy, a reminder of the confusion swirling in my head.

When the morning light finally broke through my window, I found solace in the idea of a new day, one that promised escape in the form of a party. The thought of dancing, laughing with friends, and temporarily forgetting the chaos seemed like the perfect antidote.

After a quick shower and a cup of coffee, I joined Asia in the living room. She was already scrolling through her phone, searching for party details. "You ready for this?" she asked, looking up with a bright smile that warmed me.

"Yeah, I think so," I replied, forcing a smile back.

Asia grabbed my hand, pulling me closer. "Listen, we're going to have fun tonight. Just leave everything behind for a few hours. No more Casey, no more Carla—just us."

Her enthusiasm was contagious, and I felt a flicker of excitement ignite within me. We spent the morning and afternoon finishing up our homework, laughably distracted by the anticipation of the night ahead.

As the hours passed, the energy shifted, and I could feel butterflies forming in my stomach. By the time we got ready to go out, I was nervous but eager. Asia helped me pick an outfit, something fun yet comfortable. I wanted to feel good, to remind myself that I was still me despite everything.

With our hair styled and makeup done, we took a last glance in the mirror. "We look amazing," she said, beaming with pride.

"Thanks to you," I grinned.