[57] : You Have Been Chosen!

[A/N] - Support Me & Read Up to 10 Advanced Chapters on Patreon!!

...

As Vision and the others arrived, Roger and Carol didn't linger.

Although Captain Marvel, Carol, was eager to wipe out the zombies wreaking havoc, Roger stopped her just in time.

He knew there was still hope for these zombies, including the Avengers who had been turned. Though they were missing chunks of flesh, at least they still had their bodies intact.

Once Vision gathers all six Infinity Stones, the stones' power could restore everyone to normal.

At Roger's persuasion, Carol didn't push further. She took a long look at Thor, who she had embedded into a crater with his giant axe, then flew towards the jet alongside Roger.

The people inside the jet didn't recognize Carol, but they knew Roger. So, when Roger approached the jet, it automatically opened the rear hatch, allowing the two to enter.

Once inside, Roger noticed someone was missing.

Their professional driver, Happy Hogan, was nowhere to be seen.

"What took you so long?" Roger asked the dejected-looking Spider-Man.

Banner, who was piloting the jet, switched it to autopilot and explained to Roger, "We ran into some trouble. The Stark Tower wasn't as easy to get into as we thought. Everyone inside had turned into zombies. Happy... Happy saw Pepper after she had turned..."

"...I understand."

Pepper Potts, also known as "Pepper," was Iron Man's girlfriend.

Happy was close with both Iron Man and Pepper, so when he saw her as a zombie, he couldn't bring himself to act.

Happy ended up being bitten by Pepper. After that, some other incidents occurred on Vision's end, and they struggled before finally taking control of the Stark Group's AI, Friday, with Peter's help.

After retrieving Iron Man's Mark series suits and a suit specifically for Spider-Man, they headed straight for Wakanda without delay.

But unfortunately, they were still a step too late.

"So, what happened on your end?" Sharon Carter asked, her gaze shifting to Carol, as if asking about her identity.

Roger sighed and briefly explained, "Thanos turned into a zombie. He found us ahead of time, forcing us to engage in battle with the zombies... I won't go into the details, but in short, we managed to get the Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity Stones. And the person next to me is Captain Marvel, Ms. Carol Danvers, who came to Earth to assist."

"You got the Infinity Stones?" Vision asked, approaching.

Roger removed the Infinity Gauntlet from his left hand and handed it to Vision, saying, "The Gauntlet and the Stones are the keys to saving this world. Of course, you can try without the Gauntlet, as long as you can prevent the six stones from conflicting with each other."

"I'll give it a shot."

Vision took the Infinity Gauntlet and the stones from Roger, carefully removing each stone.

Just as Roger was about to offer more advice, he suddenly paused, looking out the window of the jet.

"What's wrong?" Sharon asked, noticing Roger's expression.

Roger frowned, "It's Thor. He's coming."

Given the Asgardian physique, even after turning into a zombie, Thor's senses had become incredibly sharp. He could smell what others couldn't, see what others couldn't.

So, even though the jet was hovering high above Wakanda, Thor could see it and was chasing it down for the 'food' inside.

And his method of 'chasing' naturally involved throwing his axe as a projectile weapon!

"I'll handle him," Carol said, her body glowing with golden light as she prepared to exit.

"Wait." Roger quickly stopped Carol and cautioned, "Be careful. Don't let him injure you, whether it's a cut or a scratch, even the smallest wound must be avoided at all costs. Otherwise... you'll turn into a zombie too."

"Got it, I'll be careful."

Facing Roger's serious warning, Carol took it to heart.

She was a battle-hardened warrior, well aware of the importance of details. The more critical the situation, the more one couldn't overlook the details.

After Carol left the jet, Roger instructed Vision to use the Space Stone to send everyone to a safe location before gradually figuring out how to install the six Infinity Stones on Vision without causing any conflict.

Everything was progressing positively. If nothing went wrong, the zombie world would eventually return to its original state, and Roger could peacefully stay in this world until the teleportation point recharged, allowing him to return to the world of The Boys.

Marvel's world had highly advanced technology.

The only problem was that Roger hadn't told anyone what would happen if he disappeared, so he didn't know what the world of The Boys would be like when he returned.

"I... think it's installed," Vision's voice suddenly broke Roger's train of thought.

Roger turned to look at Vision and was almost startled out of his skin!

Vision's entire body was now encased in metal, with a red metallic body covered in silver armor.

The Mind Stone was still at Vision's center, while the other five stones were symmetrically arranged on his chest, two on each side and one in the center.

If Vision had a helmet on, he would look exactly like Ultron Unlimited!

Roger, knowing how powerful Ultron Unlimited was, couldn't help but be alarmed by Vision's current appearance.

"Roger?"

Vision asked, puzzled as Roger stared at him in a daze.

Roger quickly collected himself, calmed down, and said to Vision, "Ahem... I'm fine. Since you've installed them, try using the power of the six stones to purify those zombies."

"I can try... uh... what is that?"

Vision was about to channel the energy when he suddenly saw something shocking behind Roger.

Roger turned to look and saw a 'giant' with a cloak and a big head standing behind him.

The giant's eyes were pure blue, with no hair on his smooth head, which reflected the orange-red light of the Wakandan sunset.

He stood behind Roger, first glancing at the fully-stoned Vision, then looking at Roger with surprise, saying, "Superman Roger, hero from beyond the infinite cosmos, you have been chosen."

He pointed his finger at Roger.

And staring at the cloaked big head pointing at him, Roger instinctively muttered under his breath, "W-T-F...?"

Roger recognized the big head in front of him.

Fans who had seen Marvel's What If...? series would know that this guy was the Watcher, who observes countless parallel universes, existing outside the narrative!

<><><>

10 Advanced Chapters on Patreon

https://www.p-atreon.com/dragonnx

( Remove the hyphen to access Patreon normally )