[69] : Surveillance Drones

[A/N] Support & Read Up to 10 Advanced Chapters on Patreon!!

.....

"I said no, and no means no!"

"Maeve, can't you stop being so stubborn?"

"Stubborn? Who was it that said we should become real superheroes? And now you're calling me stubborn?"

Inside the Super Entertainment office, located three blocks away from Vought Tower, Queen Maeve and Tek Knight were in the middle of a heated argument.

The source of their disagreement was currently sitting in the reception room of Super Entertainment, a former member of the Seven, A-Train, who had been kicked out of the group and had recently switched sides to join Super Entertainment. He was calmly sipping juice.

Tek Knight, his hair now graying, had become even more gaunt over the past three months. If not for the medication he regularly took to suppress his tumors, he might not have been able to stand here and argue with Maeve at all.

However, the pain caused by his brain tumor was nothing compared to the headache Maeve was giving him now.

Ever since leaving Vought, Maeve seemed to have rediscovered her former self. She became more righteous, almost like a little girl with superhero dreams. Alongside Starlight and the Female (Kimiko), she formed an all-women's team within the Superhuman Alliance (Super Ent).

The three of them went out together to fight crime, and with Homelander missing, Maeve had become the undisputed pillar of support for Super Ent.

However, Maeve's renewed sense of justice now made her extremely reluctant to let A-Train join the Superhuman Alliance.

She knew exactly what kind of person A-Train was. Unlike the now-reformed Homelander, A-Train hadn't committed any particularly heinous crimes, but he wasn't a good person either. Most critically, A-Train was addicted to Compound V. Since Super Ent didn't have access to the substance, there was no telling whether A-Train would betray them when he had a withdrawal.

"I know, I know. He's a controversial figure...no, a controversial *hero*! But what choice do we have right now?" Tek Knight sighed.

"That kid Roger has been missing for three months without a word. We don't even know when he'll return! The only reason we can compete with Vought is because of him. If they find out he's not actually here, do you think we can stand up to them?"

"Maeve, we need resources, we need popularity, we need... heroes like A-Train who can bring in the public's attention. Only with that can we hold on until Roger returns!"

Tek Knight sat down, holding his head in his hands. "Besides, I don't have much time left. If Roger hasn't come back by the time I'm dead, I need to make sure you all are taken care of..."

Seeing him like this, Maeve's heart softened a little.

Noticing her silence, Tek Knight pressed on, "A-Train is just the beginning. Once he joins, more superheroes will follow. If we have a pool of growing superhumans, people will have more choices. Not everyone will flock to Vought."

"But those who join us won't be pure of heart."

"And what does that matter? Who in this world isn't working for fame and fortune? As long as they're on our side and meet our standards, none of that matters. Right now, we need support, we need strength to stand against Vought..."

*Beep Beep Beep, *

As Tek Knight and Maeve were in the middle of their discussion, Maeve's communicator suddenly went off.