[10] : Rage Unleashed: Kimiko's Escape and Homelander Response

Don't Forget to Review!!

When this topic was mentioned, Starlight's expression turned a bit grim, and she sighed, "The company said they want to design a new costume for me, something... that shows the maturity of a girl growing up."

"So, it's very revealing. I get it," Roger said, recalling the sparse description of this plotline in the original work, where Starlight indeed wore a very revealing and mature superhero outfit.

However, how should he put it... the image department at Vought might have made a mistake in this regard. Starlight was not suited for that kind of costume. With her sense of justice and girlish purity, Starlight could attract more fans only by maintaining her original pure image, not by forcing her into the role of a mature woman.

If they needed a mature woman, Queen Maeve was already on the team, so there was no need to make the young Starlight fit that role.

"I heard... from the designer that your costume was also designed by them?" Starlight suddenly asked.

Roger thought for a moment and replied, "Yes, that's right. They designed it. Initially, they wanted me to wear a red cape, but I had them change it to something like the national flag."

"A red cape definitely wouldn't suit you." Starlight imagined Roger with a red cape and couldn't help but laugh.

Roger laughed too. "Right? Even if it had to have a color, it should be blue. A red cape just doesn't fit me."

Starlight laughed, finding that Homelander was somewhat different from her impression of him. Perhaps it was because he wasn't wearing his superhero costume now?

As the elevator was about to reach the first floor, Starlight asked Homelander, "By the way, where are you going?"

"To... take care of some personal matters. Using Homelander's appearance is too conspicuous, so I'm dressed casually. Besides, I don't have any activities scheduled for the next few days."

"I see."

Starlight didn't ask further since Roger had mentioned it was a personal matter. Continuing to ask wouldn't be appropriate.

When the elevator reached the first floor, Roger said goodbye to Starlight, "Well, I'll be going now. As I said before, if you encounter any trouble elsewhere, you can tell me. After all, I am the leader of the Seven."

"Yes, thank you. Really, thank you very much," Starlight said sincerely.

She was very grateful to Roger for the incident with the Deep. If it weren't for Roger, the Deep might still be bullying her. Now, the Deep acted like a mouse in front of a cat whenever he saw Starlight, which greatly satisfied her.

Waving to Starlight, Roger quickly left Vought International.

Dressed like this, Roger didn't expect to hide from Vought. Every member of the Seven had a tracking chip implanted by Vought, so no matter where Roger went, unless he left this world, Vought could always find him.

He dressed like this to avoid being recognized by his fans. Just like celebrities need disguises when going out, as a member of the Seven, if he didn't want to be mobbed for autographs, some disguise was necessary.

Looking like an ordinary person, Roger took a bus to the suburbs. After about half an hour, he arrived at the place where Kimiko was being held.

This was a part of Chinatown, and Kimiko was held somewhere here.

Using his super vision, Roger easily located Kimiko's position but didn't immediately go in to rescue her. He was considering what to do after rescuing her.

First, he needed a place to hide Kimiko for a while so that others wouldn't find out. Second, the people guarding Kimiko couldn't be left alive. Roger didn't want to handle this himself, not because he didn't want to kill. With Homelander's memories merged with his, he wasn't as averse to killing and even felt a violent urge to kill when angry.

The problem was, if he killed in Homelander's style, Vought might notice something. Roger didn't want to fall out with Vought yet; he needed their power.

So... he had to find another way to do it.

Recalling the original storyline, when Kimiko was released, the first thing she did was kill all the people guarding her, like a beast.

Roger didn't know what these people had done to Kimiko, but he felt he could use Kimiko to clean them all out. After all, these people weren't good guys.

Thinking this, Roger bought a baseball cap nearby and put it on. Then, he entered a hidden underground tunnel through the back door of a supermarket.

With super hearing and vision activated, Roger easily avoided the guards and found the room at the end of the tunnel where Kimiko was held.

It was a room converted into a cell, with a bed, a toilet, and a TV mounted high up.

At the moment, the TV was playing some commercials, and a disheveled woman in the cell was watching them intently.

This disheveled Asian woman was Kimiko, one of the two superpowered women in the main team of "The Boys."

The other one was Starlight.

Of course, Starlight could barely be considered part of the main team. If you counted her with the Seven, then Kimiko was the only female powerhouse in the main team.

In the second season, she even joined Starlight and Queen Maeve in beating up the racist Stormfront.

But that was later. Now, Kimiko was still a confused girl, kidnapped and distrustful of anyone.

If Roger wanted her to listen, he needed to have someone provide psychological counseling after she killed these gang members.

Standing in front of the cell, Roger gently knocked on the door to get Kimiko's attention. Then he softly called out, "Hey, do you want to get out?"

"..."

Kimiko turned her head, glaring at Roger with a fierce look as if she wanted to tear him apart.

Admittedly, Kimiko's gaze was quite frightening. But the confidence from his power made Roger disregard her look. He continued, "I'm going to let you out now. If you can, I hope you'll come with me. Do you understand?"

Kimiko's fierce look slightly softened, showing confusion and wariness.

With his super hearing, Roger could hear her heart pounding, a sign of nervousness and fear. He also heard the footsteps of the gang members guarding this place approaching. They had heard the noise.

Estimating their distance, Roger gently opened the cell door in front of him.

The next moment, the gang members rushed in from the entrance, yelling, "Hey! What are you doing? You can't let her out!"

They shouted and raised their rifles to shoot at Roger.

Roger didn't dodge, letting the bullets hit him and bounce off. He looked at Kimiko inside the cell.

As soon as the cell door opened, Kimiko, like a beast, leaped out!

The beast was unleashed!