[61] : A False Alarm

[#]: Support & Read Up to 10 Advanced Chapters on Patreon!

━━━━━

The crisis in the zombie-infested Marvel Universe seemed to have come to an end. At least, that's what Roger thought. However, he suddenly realized that aside from Thanos, there was another powerful entity, almost forgotten by everyone, still lurking in the Marvel Universe.

The Dark Lord Dormammu!

Dormammu, the ruler of the Dark Dimension, had been kept at bay by the Supreme Sorcerers for generations, always eyeing Earth with malicious intent.

If it weren't for the presence of the Supreme Sorcerers, Dormammu would have invaded Earth's universe long ago.

But now... the current Supreme Sorcerer, Doctor Strange, had turned into a zombie and was later devoured by Hope's flesh-eating ants, leaving the position of Supreme Sorcerer vacant and unclaimed.

Although Dormammu hadn't yet noticed the disappearance of the Supreme Sorcerer, given enough time, he might very well emerge from the Dark Dimension!

After informing everyone about this, Roger, along with Vision and Wanda, set off for the Sanctum Sanctorum to confirm the situation.

The three of them could fly, so they didn't bother taking a jet and instead headed straight to the Sanctum Sanctorum in New York.

"So, why did you bring me along?" Wanda asked Roger, puzzled.

With all the zombies on Earth restored to their original forms, the planet was slowly returning to its former state. The Infinity Stones in Vision's body had fulfilled their purpose and completed their mission.

Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, had taken the Power Stone to a safe location. Thor was responsible for guarding the Reality and Space Stones, as it was originally his duty.

Star-Lord, from the Guardians of the Galaxy, took the Soul Stone after learning that his girlfriend's death had been the price paid for it. Since then, Star-Lord had been in a slump, only regaining some vitality when he was with the Soul Stone.

The Mind Stone remained with Vision, while the Time Stone was entrusted to Roger and Vision to return to the sorcerers at the Sanctum Sanctorum.

But returning the Time Stone was a task that only required Roger and Vision. Wanda couldn't understand why Roger insisted on bringing her along.

As they approached the Sanctum Sanctorum, Roger explained to Wanda in simple terms:

"Because you're a witch."

"Uh?"

Wanda was stunned. She looked at her boyfriend, Vision, in confusion before turning back to Roger. "I'm... a witch?"

"You awakened your powers under the influence of the Mind Stone, but those aren't just superpowers. It's actually magic that was hidden within you all along, called 'Chaos Magic.' It's a powerful ability that can alter reality itself."

"So...?"

Wanda still seemed puzzled.

Roger exhaled and said:

"Without a Supreme Sorcerer in the Sanctum Sanctorum, if there's ever a need to stop a dark invasion, there's no one more suitable than you."

Roger's idea wasn't just a random thought.

Even though he had never read Marvel comics, he vaguely remembered a friend mentioning that in a parallel universe in one of the comics, Wanda had indeed taken up the role of the Supreme Sorcerer.