(15)

"What the hell was that Zama?" She was sitting on the couch, eating directly from a tub of Woolworths vanilla ice cream with Almond nuts and chocolate syrup. "Whatever do you mean my king?" When the ice pack melted on her thigh, she wiped the water off and grabbed the tub, a spoon and some ginger cookies. It's about time she feeds into her cravings and enjoy her pregnancy. Ntando came down the stairs an hour later looking angry and sad. She didn't pay any attention to him, not until he came to stand in front of her. 

"Please move, I am trying to watch my show in peace." He took the remote and turned the TV off. "What the fuck do you want from me Ntando!" She exclaimed and threw the spoon in his direction. He dodged it, which caused it to impact the TV and ruin the screen. "I want to talk to you." She shook her head and got off the couch. "You disgust me. Nxa" She left the tub on the couch and walked off, ginger cookies in hand. "How the fuch do you suppose I fix this TV Zama?" 

"You're a bloody prince. Figure it out.!" She waddled up the stairs and headed to her room, closed and locked the door then walked to the bed and got in. Her feet had begun swelling up, so she had to elevate them. "How are we feeling now Baby?" She rubbed her belly and felt the baby move. That brought a smile on her face. "I promise to do better for you." She finished the cookies before turning to her side. The swelling in her feet had gone down slightly. She fell asleep quickly. The sun shone in the room, making her groan as the light blinded her. 

She turned to the side and covered herself with the blankets to try and get more sleep. Her alarm hadn't rung so she knew it was too early. Her mind dulled into an abyss as she went back to sleep. The next time that she woke up, the sun felt hotter, and she knew right then that she had overslept. She jumped out of bed and checked her phone. "11 am!" She threw the phone on the bed and got to the bathroom. Without relieving herself, she jumped into the shower and only realized how pressed she was when the water hit her back.   

She tried to hold it in, but her bladder was being pressed on. She let out a sigh of relief as she released the pressure. She finished her shower while singing some gospel song. She didn't know where she heard it from, but she was singing it. She wore a long summer dress with an open back and her crocs. She tied her hair into a bun and applied some Vaseline on her lips before walking out. She was determined to make this day awesome for herself. She grabbed some fruit from the breakfast table. Because she woke up late, she got the food that was left on the table as the helpers were clearing the table. 

"My Queen, would you like some blueberry pancakes or perhaps a farmhouse breakfast? I can whip something up for you quickly." She gave the chef a warm smile. "I would love that very much, thank you." She walked out to the backyard. It's crazy to think that she had been married to Ntando for no less than two years and already she wanted him dead. The benefits that came with being royal and marrying royal were not as glamorous as everyone thought them to be. 

She walked around the massive garden and took the spring air in. It had been cold for a few days, and it had snowed in Kwa Zulu Natal a few days ago. She was bummed out to have missed that, but she could always ask to be flown out to America in December to see the snow. That was a perk of being royalty.  She sat on the swing chair that Ntando had installed for her, back when they were in their honeymoon phase. Looking back, she now sees that it was never real, never genuine with Ntando from the beginning. 

There were times where he would publicly compare Yandisokuhle to Zama and she would just brush it off; say maybe he's missing his ex or that he's frustrated. And whenever he complimented her, whatever little thing it was that he noticed, she wanted to keep that change because she thought that 'maybe he needs to see me more'. That wasn't the case. He noticed these things o her because they are things he liked about Yandisokuhle.