(10)

"Naledi finish up! We have to go see Kedi now." Kwena was already dressed and ready to leave while Naledi was still wearing her shoes. She didn't want to go to the hospital but at the end of the day Kedibone is her sister and blood is thicker than water. "I'm done Kwena. I'm done." She grabbed her phone off the countertop and walked out the door. "You're going to make me late Naledi." She brushed him off and shook her head. "As if you have somewhere to go Kwena." She laughed lightly at him rolling his eyes at her. 

The car ride was silent. Both twins had their minds running and they couldn't find the words to speak up. When they got to the hospital, Naledi was the first one to leave the car. "I'll catch up with you." She halfheartedly smiled and nodded to him before walking in. She really didn't want to see Kedibone but she had to be there for her. When she got to the door, she took a deep breath before opening the door. "Knock knock." Tau was standing on the far side of the room and Kedibone wiped her tears. 

"Am I disturbing you guys? B-because I can come back." Tau turned to Naledi who let out a gasp. He looked horrible and his eyes had been blood shot red, indicating that he was crying. "I'm leaving. You stay." She shut her eyes when he walked past her and out the door. She could feel how heavy his heart was. "Ausi." Kedibone just burst into tears. "I did a stupid thing and now I might lose my marriage." Naledi rushed to Kedibone and held her as she cried. 

"It couldn't have been that bad, Kedi. Everything can be fixed." She shook her head and cried more. "This can't be fixed Naledi. We've tried so hard to have kids and I ruined it." Naledi shook her head. Kedibone's tears hurt her heart, and she found herself crying as well. "How did you ruin it?" Kedibone wiped her tears and sat upright. "I had an abortion." Naledi's gasp was audible. Even though she knew, it still was surprising coming from Kedi's mouth. "Why Kedi?" Kedibone shook her head and cried out loud. 

The monitors beeped and the nurse came rushing in. "Please get out." Naledi stepped out of the room and waited anxiously outside. She wanted to go inside but the state that Kedibone was in, wasn't for the faint hearted to witness. Kwena held Naledi as she cried for her unborn niece. She could feel where Tau's pain lay. He had always wanted children of his own. A big family with a minivan. That was the dream life Tau wanted, and he worked hard to make sure he finished building his legacy so that he could be there for his children's highs and lows.

It had been over fifteen minutes since the nurse chased Naledi out. "You can go it. Just don't stress her or you will not be allowed to come again." Naledi nodded. She too had gotten control of her feelings. Kwena was the one who took charge of the conversation from then on. Naledi would drift off into her own thoughts and come back when being asked a question.  "Visitation time is over." The nurse came into the room and stood by the door, waiting for them to leave. "When will you be discharged Ausi?" Kwena asked as he stood up. Naledi was already out the door. 

"In two days time." He nodded, "I'll prepare my place for you, unless you want to stay with Mama le Papa." She shook her head. "No, I'm going back to my house to fix things with my husband. "How exactly will you fix things ausi?" Kwena asked with a low voice. He didn't want to fall victim to his sister's pain. "I don't know Arabang but I will make sure I exhaust my options." He nodded and walked out, promising to call her throughout the night.

Naledi was waiting in the car when Kwena came out the hospital. "Ready to go?" She asked him, "sure" he muttered. She wasn't going to ask him what he and Kedibone spoke about after she left. "Well, I'm hungry." She broke the silence. "Would you like some rocco mamas Kwena?" He nodded, he was racking his brain, trying to somehow fix the situation that Kedibone placed herself in while making time to find the mysterious girl he met in the elevator.

"Do you know anyone from the event that was held in the other ballroom a few nights ago?" He asked Naledi right after she parked the car. She turned to look at him and she stared. "Your eyes don't scare me. I have the same eyes so try something else." He spoke. "Why do you want to know if I know anyone from the event that was held in the other ballroom? Do you know anyone? Or did you meet anyone you'd like to get to know better?" He looked away.