Chapter Seven

"So, the Walcotts, they were killed by The Mute who was killed by Peter on Friday at the school, and Demarco Montana and Carrie Hudson, they were killed by another professional killer," Alex fact checked as her, Scott, and Stiles stood in the school parking lot before their classes started. The same place where someone murdered the young, twenty three year-old girl last night. The crime scene was quickly processed and cleaned up. There was no trace of the event ever occurring.

Alex accompanied them to catch up on everything that happened over the chaotic weekend. Being at the lake house for the remainder of the weekend with Derek, learning how to control her shift, caused her to miss a lot.

"Correct," Stiles nodded.

"But the killer who killed Demarco and Carrie is a student?"

"Yes, and there are possibly two killers," he held up his middle and index finger.

"How do you know?"

"Everyone knows Demarco delivered kegs to underage parties, and so whoever ordered the keg knew that," Stiles answered, "And there was evidence of two people being involved in Carrie's murdered."

"And these killers, they all have a list of supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills that they're trying to kill?"

"Yep, a deadpool," Stiles replied. "Lydia decoded the first set at the party."

"With the code being Allison's name."

Both Scott and Stiles silently nodded.

Another emotion she remembered feeling in Scott's memory was how much he missed her, and she read the same one in his eyes. Alex comfortingly placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "Chris, he's so proud of her. Him and my mom were good friends back then, and he would always show us pictures of her first place archery trophies."

A smile broke out on his face as they walked towards the school, "She did have an incredible shot."

After a quiet pause, Alex asked, "This deadpool, we're all on it, aren't we?"

"Most of us," Scott answered. "There is the Walcott family, Carrie, Demarco, me, you, Lydia, Derek, Kira, and two other people I didn't recognize all on it."

An uneasiness settled in her stomach that she couldn't quite shake. Not only was she a target, but Derek and nearly all of her friends were too.

"We think there's another list, maybe two more," Stiles added. "This one that was unlocked this weekend was only a part of it."

"Can I see it," she wondered.

"Uhh, yeah," Scott said nervously, but then he artfully recovered, "But it's in my locker."

"That's fine," she said, unsuspecting, "I'm staying with you guys today. If someone's after us, shouldn't we all stick together? Watch each other's backs?"

"Yeah, good idea." Scott and Stiles both were anxious about her seeing the list. They knew how much money someone was offering for her death, and they worried about how she would react.

"Have you told Derek that he's your anchor," Scott wondered.

"No," her cheeks flushed red. She had all weekend to, but she couldn't bring herself to say it to him. After everyone she loved had either betrayed or left her, she was afraid to admit she was developing feelings for someone else.

"Wait- Derek's your anchor? Derek who's always dark and brooding?"

"No, not yet," she answered, ignoring Stiles' comment. "But I will soon."

Walking through the double doors of BHHS, Scott and Stiles sent each other raised eyebrow looks, trying to silently communicate a plan. A plan they would use to defer her from the deadpool. But they knew there wasn't a way out.