Chapter Twenty-Six

Eyes gazing over the field of wreckage in the loft, Alex crouched by a turnt over stool. The Demontra's nose could pick up every scent lingering throughout, that of which included Scott and Kira's but also one she recognized as close to her own.

Kate.

But Kate's presence wasn't the only one she could detect. The amount of ruins narrated the entire scene, and both Alex and Derek knew that Scott and Kira would never be taken under the sole will of Kate. She had help in the form of Berserkers.

The werejaguar and werewolf remained in the loft, an awed silence draped over them, but it was soon broken upon the entrance of Stiles and Sheriff Stilinski. Stiles had learned of his best friend's disappearance though a string of unanswered texts and calls along with a final confirming call from Alex herself.

As Alex rose to her full height, dropping the fragment of wood in her hands, she turned to watch the shock flash over the two Stilinskis' faces. 

"What the hell happened," the teenage boy breathed, brown eyes wide.

"It was suppose to be a date," Derek stated.

"They were both here," Stilinski asked, eyebrows furrowing .

Nodding, Alex sighed, "And they're both gone."

She couldn't help hide the sheen of worry that spread of her features. Multiple sources of it spun around in her mind, them ranging from the fact that two of her friends were missing, taken by the one woman who turned her, and the amount of unanswered calls she left on Chris' voicemail throughout the day.

It wasn't like him to disappear for hours without a sign.

A buzz sounded from Stiles' pocket; his hand moved to pull it out instantly. "Hey," his voice rang out, the device pressed to his ear.

"Scott's been taken," Lydia uttered from the other end at the animal clinic. Her voice could be heard as whisper to those farther away from the line. 

"Scott and Kira, we just don't know where."

"Mexico," Deaton revealed, "and if you want to save his life, that's where you're going too."

**********

Upon the realization that the True Alpha and Kitsune were taken to Mexico, it sprung the remaining Beacon Hills pack into a frenzy to get them back,

No one dared to close their eyes for a second, spending every moment to prepare for a trip across the border.

As the dawn broke over the horizon, Stiles went to the Sheriff's station to convince his dad into letting him go to Mexico as Alex prepped and packed the mini arsenal in Derek's loft.

With the two standing around the table, an abundance of fire weapons and ammunition before them, Alex reloaded one of handguns. Although she had never fired one for the purpose of hunting, she had use to spend days with her mother at firing ranges, only discharging practices blows a couple of times. Her lack of aim left her practically useless with a gun, yet it gave her the look of a fighter with much greater talents. Although now she didn't nor ever would need it.

"I still don't like relying on these things," Derek sighed, his hands resting on the edge of the table.

"I get," Alex nodded, her voice soft, "You miss your power. I would too."

"It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless."

"Derek, I am a terrible shot. Do I look helpless," she raised an eyebrow, loading a clip into another handgun.