Aida-6

Getting on the ship was relieving. Now I wouldn't have to worry about my duties. Skye was offering to help with things but Jewel assured her she wouldn't need to worry.

After professing my love to Caleb again we had tried to act like nothing was wrong. Easier said than done. Every time he even lifted his head in my direction I would look away with my cheeks flushed and heart pounding.

Yes it was cliché but when you're in my situation its hard to ignore.

"Patch how are we going to reach the Zephyr? Does the ship like... fly?"

Patch bellowed with laughter before replying, "no Princess it does not fly. They will meet us and we shall ride on dragons to their kingdom."

"How many are there?"

"Too many to count. There are different colors, sizes, etc."

"What are the main ones called?"

Patch looked at one of the maps we were using to guide us before responding. "Well if I remember correctly there's Alabaster, Onyx, Aquamarine. There are others but I'm not sure which ones are still around."

My interest in dragons was increasing after this information and I proceeded to ask more about them.

Patch smiled gently, "Well I can answer your questions or you can ask them yourself when you meet them."

"Maybe I'll just wait and ask."

"As you wish Princess."

"Patch? Could Sampson Blackheart have anything to do with this?"

"It's possible," said Jewel entering the room with different maps that charted exactly when we would arrive.

"I mean Pirates are capable of having powers right?"

"Yes but it's...different from like you obtaining power. Us Pirates are a mutated breed so to speak. We can have power but we will never have as must as one from your group or of someone from like the Zephyr."

Though I was curious as to why that was the answer it was probably something as simple as that's just how it is.

I walked on deck in white leggings and a deep red top. Normally I would pack something more lavish but I was on a ship with ones who could care less what I wore.

"May I steer?" I asked as I stood behind Caleb and could tell he was grinning.

"I don't know it's been awhile." He teased me and stepped away as I took hold of the wheel.

We stayed quiet for a moment as I tried not to throw myself on him and kiss him. He had grown taller, but other than that he was still the same. Maybe less cocky.

"What all did you do while you were away?"

"Missions for the Colonel and just scoping out different islands. Nothing too interesting."

"How is Grimes?"

"He's the same drunk bastard as always. Every time we meet, I swear he has accumulated more gold and jewels."

I continued to steer as the conversation died. Everyone was below deck, leaving to two of us alone at the wheel.

"We should practice your sword skills during the voyage."

That wasn't the response I was looking for but it was a start.

"Caleb," I turned around and waited for him to get the hint.

He stepped towards me wrapping his arms around my wasit, "I really did miss you Alanna."

Even if he was calling me by my old name I wasn't about to correct him. Aida still hadn't been a fit for me and I replied more to Lanna than anything else. It even made the name more sentimental when he spoke it.

"I did too Caleb." My lips pressed against his passionately.

He held me tightly and kissed my hair, "I love you Alanna."

"I love you too Souls."

This could not have been a better picture perfect moment.