part 37: a new member in family

As the New Year approached, Diana felt an unusual flutter in her stomach. It wasn't the excitement of the holiday season, but something different, something that made her heart race. After a few weeks of wondering, she decided it was time to take a pregnancy test.

Zack was at work when she made the discovery, and the moment she saw the result, her heart skipped a beat. She was pregnant! A mix of joy and nervousness washed over her as she clutched the test in her hand. How would she tell Zack?

Later that evening, as Zack walked through the door, Diana's heart raced again. She could hardly contain her excitement and nerves. “Zack, can we talk?” she said, her voice slightly shaky.

“Of course! What’s up?” he asked, sensing the seriousness in her tone.

“I… I took a test today,” Diana began, her heart pounding.

Zack’s eyes widened slightly. “Oh? Is everything okay?”

Diana nodded, holding up the test with a grin. “We’re having a baby!”

Zack blinked in surprise before a smile broke across his face. “Are you serious?!”

“Yes!” she laughed, her eyes shining with joy. They embraced tightly, both feeling the rush of emotions.

“This is amazing, Diana! We’re going to be parents!” Zack exclaimed, pulling back to look into her eyes.

Joyful Preparations
With the news of their pregnancy, the couple dove headfirst into preparations for their new life. They spent evenings planning, reading about pregnancy, and visiting stores to look at baby items.

One Saturday, they found themselves at a baby store, overwhelmed by the sheer amount of choices. Diana giggled as she picked up a tiny onesie. “Can you believe we’ll have a little one wearing this?”

Zack laughed, holding up a tiny pair of shoes. “These are so small! How can something so little bring us so much joy?”

As they wandered through the aisles, they began imagining the little adventures they would have as parents. “What do you think our baby will be like?” Diana wondered aloud.

Zack smiled, his eyes filled with warmth. “I hope they get your creativity and kindness, but maybe a little of my adventurous spirit too.”

Diana chuckled, imagining their future together. “Oh, this little one is going to have a great life with us.”

Sweet Moments
As the months rolled on, Zack took it upon himself to pamper Diana. He would surprise her with small gestures, whether it was bringing her favorite snacks or preparing warm baths after long days.

One evening, as Diana sat on the couch, feeling a little weary, Zack joined her with a tray of snacks and her favorite movie. “I figured you could use a little treat tonight,” he said, setting it down with a grin.

Diana’s heart melted. “You’re the best!” she exclaimed, leaning into him. They settled in for a cozy night, laughing and sharing stories.

As the movie played, Diana felt a familiar flutter in her stomach. “I think the baby just kicked!” she exclaimed, her eyes wide with excitement.

Zack’s face lit up. “Really? Let me feel!” He gently placed his hand on her belly, and moments later, he felt the soft kick.

“Whoa! That’s incredible!” he said, eyes shining with wonder. “I can’t believe there’s a little person in there!”

Diana smiled, feeling a wave of happiness wash over her. “We’re going to be amazing parents, Zack.”

Growing Together
As spring blossomed, Diana’s belly began to round, and with it came new experiences. They attended prenatal classes together, learning about everything from childbirth to baby care.

One day, during a class, they practiced breathing techniques. Diana found herself laughing as Zack exaggeratedly mimicked the instructor, making her giggle uncontrollably.

“You’re going to be the most dramatic father,” she teased, playfully nudging him.

“Dramatic? I’m just trying to make sure you have a good time!” he replied, pretending to be serious. The laughter in the room made the experience feel lighter and more enjoyable.

After class, they took a walk in the park, hand in hand. “I’m so grateful we’re doing this together,” Diana said, leaning her head on Zack’s shoulder.

“Me too. I wouldn’t want to go through this with anyone else,” he replied, squeezing her hand. “We’re in this together.”

The Nesting Phase
As the due date approached, Diana entered a nesting phase. She spent evenings organizing the nursery and picking out baby clothes, while Zack helped paint the room a soft pastel color.

One day, as they hung up adorable animal prints, Diana turned to Zack with a playful smile. “You know, I might need your help with the diaper changing.”

Zack raised an eyebrow, a teasing grin on his face. “Oh, you mean my training in the art of diapering? I’ll be a pro!”

Diana laughed, imagining Zack’s dramatic flair even with a diaper. “I can see it now: ‘Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you… the clean baby!’”

“Exactly! And I’ll take a bow afterward,” Zack replied, pretending to bow deeply.