Chapter 1

Date : 23rd September, 2024
Day : Monday
Location : Ansan (Seoul)

As the breeze hit me up, I stared at the river that just flowed and never stopped, unlike me, who likes to stop everytime and take picture of everything that's not like me, that's not vulnerable; that's beautiful.

I stood by and adjusted the straps of my bag while taking the last glance of the river. Only if I know my life will is going to be changed forever.

As I walked towards the way to my school, I spotted the flower shop that I always liked to look. It was one of the few things that gave me relaxation.

My eyes then landed upon the most beautiful sight. I spotted her by the sunflowers, their bright heads glowing in the warm light. She held one up, its golden petals radiating like sunshine, and I couldn’t tear my eyes away of her, my sunshine.

“Do you think this will brighten up the room?” she asked the shopkeeper, her smile lighting up the space around her. It felt like the sun had slipped inside, wrapping everything in warmth.

When she turned slightly, our eyes met for just a moment. My heart raced. There was a kindness in her gaze that made me want to know more about her, made me want to hold her hand hands and just look into her precious eyes forever. It was the moment that I finally knew that I only wanted to see myself in those eyes.

I shifted my bag nervously, wanting to say something, but the words stuck in my throat. Instead, I just stood there, captivated by how she seemed to bring the sunflowers to life.

As she walked away, I felt like stopping her but I obviously could not.

"My sunshine," these words were the only ones that I could say. Involuntarily, my fingers fidgeted through my camera and I clicked a picture of her in my camera capturing her smile and that sunflower that looked even brighter in her hands.

I quickened my steps towards university as I knew I was getting late. I stepped inside the university campus and got to see the same crowd as usual.

While in utter intrigue, I scanned the university's hallways like they were new. I, honestly found many intriguing and new things in these hallways everytime. Wow, they even bought a new vase.

While I was gaping at my surroundings, I did not look in the front and again discovered something. I discovered that I've bumped into Minjun, the guy that's all cocky and well, he's looking kinda angry, Oh welp, NOT KINDA!

The next thing I knew was that I was on the ground because of the punch that landed directly on my face.

I looked up to see him sitting by my side while I was just trying to figure out what just happened with me. Minjun then grabbed my collar and again punched on my face and there was nothing that I could do. I was feeling like a complete loser but then, a sweet voice fell into my ears.

"Minjun! Stop!" The voice reverberated through the hallway and the students started clustering around us while I was in utter shock at the sight unfolding in front of me.

It was My Sunshine! She's in the same university!

"Do not ever look into his direction! You got that?!" The girl's voice, loud and clear, echoed through the hallway. My eyes glistened as I saw her taking a stand for me. She did it for me! Just for me!

"But—" Minjun's voice got cut with the girl's glare and he finally left throwing a death gaze at me, I knew I'm screwed once he finds me alone but all that was in my mind was my Sunshine who was looking at me in confusion.

"Hey! What's your name?" The girl asked offering a hand for help. I held her hand and got up from the floor and the crowd dispersed in the mean time.

"K-Kang Taehyun!" I said.

"Hey Taehyun! I'm—" before she could complete, he saw her staring at a particular direction.

"I'll see you around!"
With a smile, she left that place. I saw her walking and jumping excitedly while talking to a girl.

"Sunshine, you're only mine," I said as my smile grew. I really want her to be as happy when she sees me.

I then proceeded to walk inside my classroom. With her thoughts, I smiled throughout the day.

While walking home, I again gave a look at the same flower shop and it was never the same. It had now become my favorite place.

Date : 25th September, 2024
Day : Wednesday
Location : Ansan (Seoul)

Right now, I was in front of my new apartment with my bags and my stuff looking at the lodging truck which had just done its work. As the trucks drove off, my eyes scanned the whole building in which I just moved in.

As I took a step inside, I was welcomed by a girl standing in front of me. She had a smile on her face which was unusual.

"Umm, hello! You must have met the contractor earlier while seeing this place but I wasn't here that time, I'm your landlord, my name's—," before she could proceed, I was already on the stairs to go to my new room.

"The room's 209!" I heard her yell to which I rolled my eyes. Why does she think that I don't know which room was mine?

"As if," I muttered and continued to walk. I stood before the wooden door on which the number '209' was engraved. I put the keys in the keyhole to see a new place that awaited me.

I smiled and quickly paced towards the big curtain that covered a huge wall. With steady steps, I approached the curtains and moved them aside at once. As soon as I saw my Sunshine's photos pasted on the huge wall, a grin replaced my usual expressions and I pasted another picture of her that I captured.

"My sunshine, you'll always be mine,"

(Y : OMG YOU GUYSSS IT'S FOR THE FIRST TIME I'M WRITING SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!! How was the chapter??? Also, I'll not be mentioning about the characters in a few chapters, it will be disclosed soon. It's upto you now, who do you guys think is Taehyun's Sunshine???)