The Pain of Balance and the Prisoner's Proposal

Chapter 12.2: The Pain of Balance and the Escapee's Plan

Scene 1: Lyka's Painful Revelation

The atmosphere aboard the Hyperion was light after Kiana had introduced Lyka to the crew. Laughter echoed in the room as Siegfried continued to tease Kiana about her new relationship. Bronya and Fu Hua looked on with amusement, and even Durandal seemed quietly entertained by the chaos.

But just as the lighthearted atmosphere peaked, something unexpected happened. Suddenly, Lyka's body began to glow with an eerie, golden light. Her expression shifted from amusement to confusion and then to sharp pain.

Lyka: (gasping) What... what's happening...?

Kiana's smile faded instantly as she saw the color drain from Lyka's face. Before anyone could react, Lyka let out a sharp cry, her hands clenching into fists as her body convulsed in pain.

Kiana: (panicking) Lyka! What's wrong?!

The entire crew jumped to their feet, alarms blaring throughout the Hyperion as the glow around Lyka intensified. It was as though her body was being pulled apart by invisible forces.

Theresa: (shouting) Medical team, now!

But even as the crew scrambled, Lyka's scream echoed through the ship, her body writhing as if something inside her was being torn apart. Kiana knelt beside her, desperation etched across her face as she grabbed Lyka's hand.

Kiana: (frantically) Lyka, what's happening?

Through gritted teeth, Lyka tried to speak, her voice trembling with pain.

Lyka: (struggling) It's him... the prisoner... he's messing with the dimension...

The crew fell silent as Lyka's words sank in. The escaped prisoner, the one Lyka had been hunting, was directly connected to the disturbance. Fu Hua's eyes narrowed in understanding as she stepped forward.

Fu Hua: (grimly) It seems he's trying to destabilize the dimensions connected to your sigils. Your body is acting as a conduit... but why now?

Lyka gasped again as another wave of pain wracked her body, her hand instinctively moving toward her chest where her dimensional sigil was marked. The sigil pulsed with a bright light, radiating energy that was almost too overwhelming to bear.

Lyka: (gasping) He's... showing Kevin... the other worlds...

The moment those words left Lyka's lips, the crew's confusion turned to shock. Kevin—the leader of the World Serpent—was involved, and the prisoner was using his powers to show Kevin the possibilities of other worlds, other dimensions.

Durandal: (stepping forward) Kevin is involved? If the prisoner is manipulating dimensions, he could be trying to give Kevin access to something far more dangerous.

Kiana clenched her fists, anger and concern flashing in her eyes. She knew how dangerous Kevin could be, especially with access to dimensional powers. But more than anything, seeing Lyka in pain drove her emotions to the edge.

Kiana: (determined) We need to find him. Now.

Scene 2: The Prisoner's Proposal to Kevin