Cyan

FH:

Wukong needs comfort,
his Warrior's there to serve the King.

Today's prompt:
"I know you better"

=)

///////////////////////////

Wukong was sitting alone in a small cave behind his Shame Temple. After this whole almost-end-of-the-world, he thought he needed some time for himself.
MK almost died. Everyone almost died. He almost died.

It terrifies him.

He couldn't stop thinking of what happened, and so he came to this little hide out of his to calm down a bit. He lost count of time, laying in the darkness like that. In the past it used to be more comforting... he wonders why.

Something was missing. He doesn't want to think that this something is someone.

He doesn't really need to eat, being immortal, several times over at that, makes it rather more of a hobby than a need. And so he doesn't notice that what was supposed to be a few hours break from reality, turned into a whole two weeks.

At some point his line of thoughts was broken by soft steps. Wukong hasn't even turned to the person. He hadn't need to. A calm, steady rhythm could not be mistaken for anyone else.

"How did you know I was here?" The King asked, hostility hard in his tone.

"I know u better." was a simple response, making Wukong's eyelid twitch in annoyance. Somehow this simple claim made him instantly mad.

"Longer." he murmured with a sour expression "You know me longer than anyone else." he turned to Six Eared, sitting up "But not better. Not anymore." he furrowed his eyes, glowing a menacing gold in the darkness.

Yet, Macaque seems unfazed this time. He walks up closer, uncaring of the wary gold gaze, as he just sits across from the Stone Monkey. He looks at him, as if he could see in the dark as well as his King. He can't. But he sure very well hears his irritated panting, sped up heart beat and angry flickering of the rusty tail from right to left.

"I know your favorite color is cyan." he suddenly says, making Wukong blink in surprise and clench his fists right after "You said it reminds you of the sky, where birds roam free." he smiled softly, and then glamor fell off his ears "And that it reminds you of my ears, the ones that hear the present. You used to say it's because now is what's important, because now is when we're making our memories." his ears fluttered and Wukong turned his gaze away. He hadn't seen those petals in centuries. It felt almost criminal to look at them again and enjoy their beauty. Last time he saw them, being the day that ended it all, as they laid flat, covered by crimson. Glamor tends to not hold up after death...

"It's just a stupid color. It doesn't mean anything." he crosses his arms over his chest, and pulls his knees closer.

"I know you're a liar." Macaque hums, as he pulls one knee up and rests his arm on it "You lie to protect. Yourself or others. Doesn't really matter in the end." Wukong wants to argue, but the Warrior is faster "I know the Journey changed you. Not much. But I can see it did." King clenches his fists "I can see it in a way you try to act better than an old you would. I can see it in the way you treat your new friends. I can see it in a way you're holding back your punches now." Wukong feels his fists are shaking.

"Pretty vague things for someone who claims to know me." he snores. To his surprise Macaque doesn't pick up the banter. His Shadow just chuckles, oh what a breeze like giggle it was. As if carried by the winds of the past where everything used to be easier.