Audience

The closest civilization certainly wasn't a buzzing metropolis. More like a little village that had gotten stuck in the past and had no intention of catching up with the times. Honestly, I loved the little place, but we couldn't stay to enjoy it. We managed to scrape enough together to pay a nice old man with the only van in town to give us a ride to the closest city.

O'Malley got along famously with the old man and somehow Logan ended up fast friends with the man by the time we reached the city. Between the two of them, the old man considered that payment enough and insisted we keep the money we were going to pay him. O'Malley waved me off when I would have insisted he at least take gas money and offered up a four leafed clover instead. The clover, delivered with a wink and a tip of the hat, seemed to be worth more than anything we could have ever offered up.

The old man took the little good luck charm, holding on to it tightly like it was his ticket to owning the world. Given that it was a four-leaf clover delivered by an actual Leprechaun, I imagined it could bring some pretty good luck.

We parted ways with the old man and turned to finding a way to the coast where we could cross the channel into France. O'Malley also took his leave, saying he hadn't had quite so much fun since the sixties and he needed a nap.

"Thanks for everything O'Malley."

He smirked, waggling a finger at me. "What did I tell you about being obliged to the Fae lassie. That includes thanking us."

I grinned. "I know. I remembered." O'Malley gave me a contemplating look, then shook his head with a chuckle.

"If you're ever in the country again, Vampire Queen, let's keep the fun to a minimum, eh?"

Laughing, I nodded in agreement. "Aye." He tipped his cap to me and turned to disappear into the crowds. I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore, then turned to my family, doing a quick headcount to make sure I had everyone. I was missing Zach and Tony, but they hadn't gone far. I spotted them doing a little reconnaissance and waited for them to get back with what they had found.

Tony started filling me in as soon as they rejoined the group. "There's a bus leaving for the coast in a few minutes. Or if you'd rather wait a couple hours, we can catch a ride to the airport and fly to France. Whichever you prefer."

I sent an assessing glance towards Vladimir. Then I was turning back to Tony with a soft smile. "Let's head for the coast. I think avoiding the appearance of sitting idle would be best. Tony nodded and turned to head for the ticket counter.

We were soon making our way to the coast and then it wasn't too difficult to find a ferry crossing the channel to France. We made good time to my parent's house and then I was swallowing down my trepidation as we all trooped up the grand stair way to the front door. The front doors were thrown wide before I had to decide if I wanted to knock or just walk in.

"Your Highness." Isaiah had been minding my parent's door since they had had a door, and I gave him a smile which was respectfully returned. "Your parents will be thrilled to know you are here."

He led us through the house. It was unnecessary, because I knew perfectly well how to get around the house I had learned every nook and cranny of decades ago, but I didn't argue. We all met in the dining hall. My mother was already there and Papa came rushing in moments later, looking like he had dropped everything as soon as he had heard we were here. I and my sisters were drawn in and smothered with affection. Dad clapped Zach on the back affectionately and then my parents were turning to size up the rest of the group.

My parents were aware of my adopted Werewolf son, and had finally learned that I wouldn't tolerate any moves or unkind words against him. They weren't happy about it, but I wasn't interested in assuaging their objections in this particular case. Peaches might have been interesting to them in a sustenance sense, until Vladimir took her hand and guided her behind him. Then Vladimir was drawing my parents full and undivided attention.