𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Years had passed

Years had passed.

It has been two hundred years.

Two hundred years since Alessandra restored peace and order to every kingdom in Eqiros. The once war-torn lands now thrive in harmony. People and creatures, once divided by conflict and greed, now live in unity. The skies are clearer, and the earth flourishes with life.

Happiness and peace reign throughout the kingdoms. But despite the prosperity, Queen Lhara has not been seen in all those years, and Maia's soul remains elusive.

Her soul is not in the City of Life—if she hasn’t reincarnated yet. Nor is she in the Book of Life, meaning she is neither living nor dead. Where could she be?

Alessandra sensed Zen's presence behind her.

"Your Holiness, Queen Ahmira and King Fafnir have invited you for dinner. Would you like to join them?"

Queen Ahmira, her mother, had ruled the Kingdom of Nyl alongside her father, King Fafnir, after his awakening. They had discovered his body in the underground dungeon a hundred years ago, and twenty years later, he had finally regained consciousness.

"Yes, Zen. I’d like to spend time with my siblings," Alessandra replied, glancing back at Zen.

"Also, check with Astra. Has she found anything yet? It’s been a hundred years, and I still haven’t found Maia. It’s been far too long."

"Of course, Your Holiness," Zen answered, bowing slightly.

Before Zen could leave, a lady dressed in white flew towards them, halting abruptly in front of Alessandra.

"Your Holiness, I’ve just returned from the City of Life. The Keeper has important news for you."

Alessandra didn’t even glance at Zen.

"Inform my parents that I’ll join them another time."

With that, she vanished in an instant, heading straight to the City of Life.

꧁༺༻꧂