The Good, The Bad and The Lila

The morning smelled like wilted roses, even a dog with a cold could smell the malice that gave off that Maltese dog with fake ears. She entered through the main door of the building, headed to the elevator, third floor, Lucy and Beelzie's pest control department. With skull accessories on her head, a white shirt, a  cowgirl belt and a revolver in her pocket.

When she walked through the door of the apartment, her aura took over the place, not literally, it's a way of speaking. the atmosphere felt more sepia, like in a Clint Eastwood movie.
Nurse Greeny was the first to see her arrive and, after covering her face with a mask and some big, funny glasses, she went to say hello.

Greeny: "Hello, Miss Maltese, Has your sanction for non-compliance with work ended?"

Maltese was a little upset to remember that fact: "Yes... I swear if I see that Kenny I'm going to..."

Greeny: "and then they will give you another sanction, or fire you."

Maltese was furious but restrained herself: "He was who tore my ear off in the fight!"

Greeny: "You mean the fight you started?"

Maltese was groaning internally, so he dropped the subject: "Look, it doesn't matter, I came back because my suspension ended and I don't want to touch on that subject again, do you understand?"

Greeny replied timidly: "Yes...?"

...

Meanwhile, on the fourth floor, Kenny the Labrador and Tanya the retriever were in the main room.
Kenny asked excitedly, "Am I forgiven for what happened the day before yesterday?"
"I think so," Tanya replied.
Kenny's happiness was interrupted by an evil presence in the environment, a lilac presence.

Kenny asked seriously, "Do you feel that?"
Tanya sighed, "Kenny, we've been over this , sensing that there's something evil in the air isn't a superpower, it's a symptom of dementia."
Kenny's sense of smell perked up, that smell was familiar, very familiar, as if he had rolled around with that thing.
"Maltese..." Kenny whispered.

Tanya: "Oh, that girl who got detention for fighting with you?" She thought for a second. "Remind me why you two fought, by the way."

Kenny: "Moral differences, but not stupid ones like ketchup or mustard, I'm talking about the heavy ones, the ones that define the destiny of a nation."

Tanya: "Policy?"

Kenny: "No, I'm talking about certain types of treatment for certain types of people."

Tanya: "Oh, racism!"

Kenny: "No, I mean..." he sighed lightly "Forget it, you should have been there to understand."

"Maybe you two should get along a little better," a female voice said from behind Kenny, giving him quite a scare. The lab turned around and saw that behind him was his boss, Lucy. 

Kenny: "Oh! Boss, don't do that, I almost had a heart attack!"

Lucy burst out laughing, "Sorry, sorry..." She quickly stood up and took on a slightly more serious tone, without losing her innocent smile, "But seriously, don't let this mishap ruin your friendship."

Kenny: "Well, there's no friendship to ruin, so..."

Lucy: "So, I'm going to send you two to do a job alone, you'll put your differences aside and end all this."

Kenny: "But, Lucy..."

Lucy: "No buts, now, let's get to work."

...

At the New Atlantis train station, Miss Maltese and Kenny stood alone, not a single soul waiting for the train to arrive. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife, Maltese and Kenny were a second away from pacing aimlessly.