Epilogue for Annabeth Chase

Annabeth's hands couldn't stop shaking. She hadn't tried to communicate with her father or her step mother since she left to camp in the beginning of summer. As she gained closer and closer to his house, her legs became shakier and shakier. Piper agreed to go for support... And some charm speak if needed. "You'll be fine," Piper said adding some charm speak. "It's all going to be fine." Annabeth sighed. "Thanks, Piper. You should get going if you want to surprise your dad on time." Piper nodded as they arrived at Fredrick's house. Piper hugged her friend. "I'll see you soon. Call me as much as possible, okay?" Annabeth hugged Piper. "I will. Thank you for everything, Piper." Piper smiled and pulled away. "I want to hear about how it was with you and Percy while he was 'packing' while the rest of us were at the beach." Annabeth giggled. "Of course." They hugged one last time before Piper turned back towards the city. They would've taken a cab but, they didn't have enough after the plane ride here. So they hitch-hiked.

Annabeth kicked over a rock and picked up the key under it. She carefully walked on the porch, unlocked the front door and stepped in. In the faded light of the T.V she saw her step brothers asleep on the floor with their Legos near them. Annabeth walked towards the T.V and shut it off. What scared her was the noise coming from the kitchen. Extinctive her hand went to her side. Her knife was still attached to her. Slowly, she inched towards the kitchen when the light flicked on, and a figure came out. "Annabeth?" She relaxed. "Hey, dad," Fredrick motioning her forwards. Annabeth walked forward looking anywhere but her father's eyes. "Annabeth Chase, you ignored all my calls, so did the camp, you didn't come home for months at a time for what? Some boy? You made me worried sick so much I prayed to your mother to see if she knew where you were and she said you were in Tartarus then heading towards the ancient lands whatever the hell that means and..." Fredrick stopped and pulled his daughter into his arms hugging her tightly. "I'm just glad that you're alive..." Annabeth hugged her father and laid her head on his chest. "I'm sorry..." She whispered. Her father chuckled. "You saved the world, Annabeth. You're a hero." He said pulling away from her. He has a beard now. "When was the last time you shaved?"

"Since I found out you were gone..." He stroked his daughter's face gently. "I love you. You know that right?" Annabeth was surprised. But she smiled and just held her father's hand. "I do now.." He kissed her forehead and smiled. "My little girl... Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, the hero." Annabeth smiled. "It has a nice ring to it." Fredrick laughed. "Want some coffee?" Annabeth laughed and nodded. "I'd love some, dad." They walked into the kitchen, stood against the counters as Annabeth sipped her coffee as she told her father about her adventures careful not to use names that might summon unwanted monsters or gods. And for once, Annabeth felt like she had a sort of normal relationship with her father. It wasn't until 2 o'clock in the morning when they decided that it was time for bed. As Annabeth was brushing her teeth, her father kissed her cheek and said good night before heading to his bedroom down the hall. Annabeth smiled and spat into the sink, but not before throwing her guts up in the toilet. And that wasn't the first time that she and Percy were alone for that long since they had gotten back. When things were almost back to normal, they snuck off to a safe part of the woods and done... Well... Each other and came back. People noticed that they were gone of course but, they believed when they said they had went on a walk. Annabeth searched through her memory trying to remember if they had used protection a few weeks ago. Gods... I'm an idiot...