Epilogue for Frank Zhang and Hazel Levesque

Frank laid on his bed the night that they got back from Camp Half-Blood. Everything that had happened flew around his head like flies to a piece of rotting food. It never had before but now, it was. But soon, around three o'clock, he started thinking of Hazel and a smile crept across his face as he did. Nothing inappropriate of course, just her, sitting on Orion, laughing, smiling, kissing his cheek, and drawing. Then a knocking on the door startled him. Who's up at this hour? Well... Besides me. Frank thought as he went towards the door. He was surprised that nobody else woke up. Frank opened the door carefully, seeing a girl, long dark hair, bright green eyes and tanned skin and wearing a light blue night gown.

"Frank Zhang?" The girl asked. "Yes..?" Frank said unsure. "Put on some shoes and then come back out here, we need to talk," Frank shook his head. "Not without not knowing who you are," the girl sighed. "I am Somnus' assistant. He would've gone to you in person but... The god of dreams is very busy. My name is Jacquelyn but, Jackie will do. Now hurry up! She's not going to wait forever!" Frank shushed her as he looked back at his cabin mates. "I'll be out." He said closing the door and slipping on socks and tennis shoes before walking out. Jackie was still there. "Follow me," said Jackie as she took off. Frank followed closely behind her.

It took awhile but they were at the shrines for all the gods and goddesses. There stood a woman with her face hidden under a hat, she was dressed in a military uniform. Jackie smiled and vanished. "Your father was right," said the woman. "You have grown to be a man." Frank stepped closer to the woman. "This can't be possible..." He whispered. The woman took off the cap revealing his mother. Frank felt tears fall down his face. "Mom..." He whispered. "B-But you're dead." His mother laughed. "Don't say it's impossible, you're a son of Mars, you shouldn't believe that things are impossible." His mother stepped forwards and brushed her fingers through his hair and sighed happily. "Hazel Levesque, she's a kind girl. Very brave too. Don't be afraid."

"But I'm not." Frank's mother laughed again. "Oh honey, yes you are. And it's okay. I don't think she's going back to the Underworld anytime soon." Frank smiled and tried to touch his mother but, his hand went right through her. "I love you." She whispered before kissing his forehead. "Be brave, Frank Zhang." Then she was gone. Frank closed his eyes, counted to ten and turned to see Hazel.

"How long have you been standing there?" Frank asked slightly embarrassed. All Hazel did was smile, walk up to Frank and kissed his lips. Frank was surprised at first but he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. Slowly they both pulled away. "What was that for?" Frank asked smiling. "Just to say I love you." Hazel said smiling. Frank kissed Hazel's forehead, smiling.

Up until the sun rose, they walked around camp whispering jokes to each other, sneaking into the kitchen and snacking on foods that probably nobody will notice that's gone. When Frank and Hazel walked back to the cabins arms locked, Frank wasn't as nervous as he would've been if he was still; Frank Zhang, Chinese-Canadian man looking baby. Hazel stopped and looked up at Frank. "Promise me something?" Frank nodded. "Anything, what is it?"

"Don't leave me," Frank gave her a confused look. "What?"

"Don't... Don't drop me for the next girl that thinks you're really attractive." Frank wanted to tell Hazel that no girl seemed interested in him since they got back but, he'd be lying. No girls asked him out yet but, if he wasn't with Hazel, pretty sure they would've tried. "Hazel," Frank started as he held Hazel's face. "I love you. And nobody is going to steal me away from you," Frank said brushing some hair out of her face. "Promise?" Frank could tell that Hazel was really concerned about this so he took a deep breath, took her hand and said; "I swear... On the River Styx." Hazel's eyes widened. "Frank... I-I--" Frank just kissed her lightly and held her for what seemed like forever, but the good kind of forever. Once they pulled away... The whole 5th Cohort was staring at them wide-eyed. Hazel and Frank blushed deeply. "Where are you guys up this early?" Frank asked making everybody move away from the windows. Frank turned back to Hazel and smiled. "I'll see you at breakfast." Frank said before walking into the cabin.