Chapter Seven

Q Time: Okay, this could get ugly in the comments lol, but I'm curious. Who do you guys consider to be the most well-rounded Hashira in terms of breathing technique, strengths/weaknesses, performance, etc? I'm genuinely curious.

My Opinion: I know people are probably gonna think I'm being bias, but I genuinely think Giyuu is one of the most well-rounded Hashira (other than perhaps Tengen). Giyuu worked hard, mastered his technique, and even created the 11th form of his water breathing technique. He has multiple years of combat experience/knowledge, plus training, to aid him in battle and it shows when he fights. His water breathing technique is both great for Defence and Offence. He's strong, agile, and focused. I personally don't think Giyuu has any flaws when it comes to his abilities physically. His weaknesses in my opinion, are mainly mental.

The reason I also picked Tengen as a runner up, is because he was a literal ninja, and was surrounded by people similar to him. He had many years of experience in combat long before he even became a Hashira, and he has good knowledge of fighting and battle strategies. He is strong, and the fastest Hashira, plus he adapts quickly to each opponent. He literally analysed the sound of Gyutaro's attacks and turned it into a song, making it easier for Tengen to predict Gyutaro's movements/attacks.

I don't know. Let me know your thoughts/opinions. 🥳

— — —

The next morning dawned bright and early, with the warm glow of the sun pouring over the training grounds. Giyuu stood at the edge of the clearing, feeling a mix of reluctance and trepidation as he watched the other Hashira gather. It had been months since he'd been in any real training session, and now—thanks to Kanroji's boundless enthusiasm—they were all roped into a vigorous group workout.

Mitsuri practically bounced into the center of the grounds, her infectious energy filling the air. "Isn't this exciting? A full Hashira training session, just like old times!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands together in glee.

Giyuu exchanged an exasperated glance with Shinobu, who rolled her eyes but couldn't help smiling at Mitsuri's enthusiasm. "Over-excitement might be an understatement," Shinobu murmured dryly under her breath.

"Alright, everyone! Let's get started with some stretches!" Mitsuri called out, completely oblivious to the groans from the group. "We've got to help Tomioka get back into shape!"

Rengoku's voice boomed out, "Strength and unity, Tomioka! We're all here to support you!" His grin was as wide as ever, and Giyuu had to bite back a groan.

"Joy," Giyuu muttered under his breath as they all began stretching. His muscles protested, reminding him how long it had been since he'd done anything remotely physical. Other than his sparring match with Sanemi the day before, Giyuu had been fairly inactive for the better half of a year. Beside him, Obanai eyed him like a hawk, already plotting his strategy for later.

"Don't look so down, Tomioka. Think of this as a warm-up," Sanemi said with a smirk, leaning over from his stretching position to nudge Giyuu's leg with his foot. "You'll need it when you go up against me later."

Giyuu shot him a look, his heart skipping a beat at the subtle teasing. "Maybe you should be the one worrying about keeping up with me," he said, trying to sound confident.

Sanemi's eyes sparkled with amusement, but he didn't reply. Instead, he cracked his knuckles in a way that made Giyuu's stomach flip.

After about twenty minutes of various stretches and strength training, Giyuu could already feel the burn in his muscles. He had barely broken a sweat when Kanroji clapped her hands again. "Alright, now we'll break into pairs for sparring!"