~Act 1: Newt's POV~

The box opened. There were 2 girls one who was looking confused as scared and one was lying down. Were they asleep?

"There's two of them.." Alby stated.
"I think she's asleep," he gestures to the girl on the floor.

"She knocked her head on the ceiling, when she tried to stand up," the other girl explained.

We all stood there for a while wondering why there were two girls, it's weird enough it being girl but two of them?

"I'll get her" I called out. As I'm lifting her out I get a good look at her in my arms, then I realize how pretty she looks. She has blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.

I realized I had been staring and look away quickly blushing slightly, hoping no one had seen.

"Hey look, there's a note," Thomas says, "These are the last two, you have double the supplied because there is two girls." he reads out the note.

Everyone burst into arguments I could hear snippets of conversations like
"The last two? Does that mean forever?"

I decide to leave taking her to my hut to wait until she wakes up, but halfway there she must have woken up because she scream and jumped out of my arms.

She looks back at me before running away.

"Wow! Look at her, she could be a runner." someone shouts. They're not wrong.

She gets to the wall and stops, clearly unsure what to do now. It's not like she can do much anyway.

I head back to the box and see Gally lifting up the other girl, who didn't look very happy about it.

"Newt come over here," Alby called out to me, "we need to calm down the runner, Gally is handling the other one."
I follow him to the girl.

As we drew near she jumps, clearly frightened

"Stay away from me," she shouts, " or I'll-I'll.. You just better stay away." she searches her pockets and pull out a silver dagger. She then points it at us.

"It's okay love. Your going to be alright," I try and calm her. "Do you remember your name? I'm Newt by the way."

"No. I don't remember anything." tears well up in her eyes. She sits down against the wall, her head against her knees sobbing, "why can't I remember anything?" she says, her voice muffled.

"It's going to be okay. You'll remember your name soon enough. Most people do a few days after leaving the box." she looks up at me. I smile at her and offer my hand but she doesn't take it instead she gets up.
"Box Shmox." I hear her muttering to herself as she walks away to the box in question.