A LIFE OF REGRET

As I sat alone in my small, dimly lit apartment, the weight of my decisions pressed heavily on my chest. The once-vibrant world I had built around my empire had crumbled, leaving only echoes of what could have been. I had sold off my companies, each sale feeling like a piece of my soul was being torn away. The flashy cars, the luxury suits, and the lavish parties were all gone, replaced by a stark reality I had never imagined I would face.

The silence of my life now felt deafening. I had always been the one in control, the one who made the decisions that led to my success. But in the pursuit of ambition, I had pushed away the two people who mattered most: Arya and Sage. I had taken their love for granted, thinking I could always return to them after chasing my dreams. But dreams have a way of turning into nightmares when you lose sight of what’s truly important.

I replayed our last moments together over and over in my mind, the way Arya had looked at me with those tear-filled eyes, her heart breaking as I walked away. Sage, with her understanding yet disappointed gaze, had tried to reason with me, but I was too wrapped up in my ego to listen. I had chosen ambition over love, thinking that success would fill the void I felt inside.

Now, as I scrolled through social media, seeing their faces shining with happiness and success, a deep ache settled in my chest. They had found their way—together. I had lost them both, not just as partners but as my best friends. I was left to wonder if I would ever have a love like theirs again, one built on support, trust, and genuine connection.

Regret consumed me like a dark cloud. I missed the laughter we shared, the late-night conversations filled with dreams and hopes. I could still remember the way Arya’s eyes sparkled when she spoke about her fashion line, and how Sage's passion ignited the room around her. They had believed in me, and in my quest for success, I had turned my back on that belief.

Now, I was just another name in a sea of forgotten entrepreneurs. I spent my days searching for new opportunities, but nothing seemed to fill the emptiness I felt. I knew I had to change, to become a better person, but how could I do that when I had lost the two people who had once inspired me to be my best self?

As I looked out the window, watching the city that had once embraced me now feel so distant, I realized that my true failure was not in losing my wealth, but in losing the love that had surrounded me. If only I could turn back time and make different choices. If only I could find a way to tell Arya and Sage how deeply I regretted my decisions, how much I wished I could have them back in my life.

But for now, I was alone, left to grapple with the ghosts of my past and the shadows of what could have been. My heart ached for a chance at redemption, for a way to show them that I had changed. Perhaps one day, I could find the courage to reach out, to let them know that my heart still held a place for them. Until then, I would keep their memories close, a constant reminder of the love I had lost in my pursuit of success.